Installer Support Technician
About the Job
The T3 Installer Support Technician is a part of the Service Delivery Team and our professional team of people providing a single point of contact to execute, and finalize security installation projects, break fix repairs or any other aspect of onsite technical labor in support of our franchise clients for the Service Delivery team. This position is critical to the support of new PV initiatives, products and resources in use as we deploying across the domestic US territory.
This position is tasked to provide an advanced level of troubleshooting support to other technicians both in the field and as an internal resource for assisting in escalations as they occur. This position is intended to be subject matter experts in not only our products but in the entire installation process from front to back. In addition this position shall embrace future initiatives such as quality control and supporting training initiatives as they are developed. Support will range from basic troubleshooting to dealing with special support requests and working to resolve high-visibility or long term, ongoing issues as requested. This position will require independent judgment frequently to determine that all critical company standards and policies are being adhered to given the complex variables present on a construction site. Also expected to be exceptionally proficient in all aspects of both current package offerings but also past legacy equipment still considered supported by Provision Security.
This includes supporting the entire Provision Security team when requested with the handling escalations, acquiring project specifications, labor quoting, coordinating subcontractors and field service providers to achieve team initiatives and handling overflow tickets. Serves as a resource to the entire Service Delivery Provisioning Team. Will provide technical support to provisioning team and will also provide as a back fill to aid in surges in volume or scheduled days off by members of the provisioning team. This is all done with the highest quality of support, customer service, and customer satisfaction.
Responsible for assisting the Senior Technician in supervising and supporting the outside installer network and when and if situations dictate actually working on site for pre-wiring, installing, programming, training, and maintenance of products methods and services ordered for low voltage franchise systems. Including prior to and after placement of walls/ceilings as well as existing structures for security systems, CCTV, IP phone & network cable & jacks, control panels, speakers, antennas will be required. Will perform and provide professional services that require advanced knowledge of low voltage electrical wiring and shall become and maintain requirements to be registered as such with the MN Department of labor and Industry.
The Installer Support Technician will manage multiple priorities requiring independent judgment, generate innovative and creative solutions to problems, and develop skills required to support our customers and the efforts of the department.
- Build, develop and grow relationships with subcontractors and field service providers
- Handle and triage inbound support calls from the installer support line.
- Provide support to other techs assigned to answer support calls for the Installer support line and also provide support to our internal tech teams as escalations occur.
- Provide support to Installer network of subcontractors on all aspects of installations along with the proper methods of end user training.
- Maintain communication with subcontractors and field service providers to effectively communicate expectations while proactively assisting dispatchers and project managers as requested with project specifications and labor timelines as well as identifying potential crises and devising contingency plans
- Communicate with Customer Care team, Retail team and Service delivery team to resolve any product discrepancies and technical issues that arise during an installation
- Monitor and report on post installation quality assurance initiatives for Service Delivery.
- Install, move, and modify low voltage and related equipment, according to job order scope of work.
- Diagnose equipment malfunctions service calls and documents, compiling client history and determine appropriate approach. Maintain and troubleshoot systems.
- Report and monitor service order changes maintain equipment according to PV standards and manufacturer recommendations.
- Perform additional functions incidental to technician activities.
- Pre wire low voltage wiring in structures during construction phase to N.E.C. standards w/o supervision
- Terminate various low voltage wiring including RG-6,RG-59, cat5. 5e and cat 6, and speaker & control cable.
- Use wire troubleshooting tools such as meter, network tester, tracer/toner and continuity testers
- Read blueprints
- Read product material for product knowledge advancement
- Connect and troubleshoot access control, video and single and multi-zone speaker distribution systems.
- Properly mount (secure, level, centered) various equipment including plasma TV’s, projectors, volume controls, in-wall speakers, etc.
- Other duties as needed or assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (not in priority order):
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office; particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience working both independently and in a team
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Must be able to learn, understand, and adapt quickly
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced and effective customer service skills
- Manages multiple and sometimes competing priorities to meet all deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to make sounds decisions
- Is creative is finding alternate solutions in overcoming construction road blocks for installers
- Works independently on complex tasks with some technical and management guidance
- Demonstrates analytical problem solving skills by balancing the use of practical application of experience and creativity
- Ability to defuse occasional tension with clients and install labor
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating
- Overtime or working outside of normal schedule may be required to meet project and field deadlines
- Ability to prioritize work and work accurately under pressure of deadlines with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational and time management skills sufficient to independently establish priorities and coordinate and complete competing assignments within established timeframes.
- Experience working in the field at job sites cabling and installing low voltage systems. Security or IP video experience preferred.
- Valid State of MN class C driver’s license
- Ability to register with State of MN as a PLT required
- Understanding of electrical theory and N.E.C. standards and codes
- Ability to travel if needed
- Ability to climb ladders and operate man lifts in a safe manor
- Understanding of networking configuration and network appliance setup
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.