Franchise Asset Sales Paralegal
About the Job
Self Esteem Brands, LLC – the parent company of Anytime Fitness, LLC, Waxing the City Worldwide, LLC, The Bar Method Franchising, LLC, and Basecamp Fitness, LLC - is seeking an individual to join our team as a Franchise Asset Sales Paralegal with at least three years of business/legal experience. This is a great position for someone who is looking to join a company with a fun, fast-paced and inspirational culture!
This strong attention to detail position within the FAST team will provide support from the beginning of the selling process of a business to the end when a deal closes. This position is very involved through-out the entire sales process. Must be self-motivated and able to prioritize multiple projects individually and with a team.
- Prepare and distribute franchise documents to buyers and sellers for all re-sale transactions in North America
- Work directly with Franchisees selling on their own and outside brokers to help facilitate club sales
- Work with lending institutions on SBA transactions
- Assist with vetting franchise prospects for ownership, including collecting applications and personal financial forms, running and evaluating background checks
- Communicate daily with sellers, prospective buyers, and team members through-out the selling process
- Collect and review corporate entity documents for new franchisees
- Process all documents for re-sales, enter new information into database and process transfer fees and other fees as required
- Provide regular and scheduled feedback/reports to the team and other departments
- Answer FDD related questions and work closely with legal and compliance teams
- Minimum 2 year college degree preferred
- 3-5 years of business-related experience and legal experience
- Familiarity with franchise systems and fitness club operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to carry out multiple projects in a dead-line driven environment
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Ability to think creatively, driven and self-motivated contributor
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work closely with team members
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.