Community Incident Manager
About the Job
Self Esteem Brands, LLC – parent company of ProVision — is seeking an individual to join our team as a Community Incident Manager (CIM). Provision believes our most valuable resource is our customers and is committed to providing a world-class customer experience. Thus, we require anyone on our team to devote themselves to the same.
Our team operates under an ‘earned, not given’ philosophy which extends to customers belief and trust in our brand – that must be earned – so we are constantly looking for like-minded individuals who are ready to roll their sleeves up and dedicate themselves to that mission. Provision is a division of SEB Tech, which has oversight of all Franchise IT-related aspects of Self-Esteem Brands, LLC.
The CIM is the direct point of contact and communications owner when any significant incident or outage happens within SEB Tech. Once an incident has been identified, either by end users or by other staff, the CIM will immediately enact a communication plan using previously defined channels and methods. This role will work closely with the Incident Commander/Team coordinating communications to the appropriate parties until functionality is restored.
The CIM will collaborate frequently with various teams and partners to ensure a clear and consistent communication flow to end users and other stakeholders. The role will play a key part in hosting post-mortem reviews of outages to determine the speed and viability of our repair plans and communication chain.
- Direct point of contact and spokesperson for Franchise IT-related incidents/outages within SEB Tech. Complete management of communication flow from notification to restoration
- Immediately respond to any reported outage of SEB systems by internal or external stakeholders. Assist in the development of incident severity identification and response notifications
- Connect with internal teams responsible for restoring the outage and quickly determine estimated outage length – communicate this outward and upward in a clear and easy-to-understand fashion
- Develop and practice a communication strategy flow that maintains clear and consistent updates for the incident at hand. Follow a defined severity and communication flow documentation to internal and external stakeholders
- Promptly update various communication channels with updates including internet dashboard, status page and Facebook among others
- Own, modify and adapt communication flowchart periodically to match the needs of internal and external stakeholders – collaborate with internal teams to determine most viable path. • Organize and host post-mortem meetings to discuss major outages and modifications needed for continuous improvement – both in system viability and communication flow
- Create and maintain detailed reports to distribute internally or externally on number, length and severity of outages
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT, Communications or related field, 3+ years in either IT or incident management field or equivalent
- Technical background; preferably with IT Services, software systems, web applications or networks
- Superior oral and written communication skills both to internal and external customers
- Ownership, ownership, ownership – will be singular owner of incidents/outages communications from start to finish and primary contact for all partners
- Extreme responsiveness – outages can happen at any time and quick action is a necessity
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated and results driven
- Working knowledge of SEB Tech systems or similar types in past experience
- Managing expectations across the business enterprise – both to external franchisees/staff and internal team members
- Adapt to a fast-changing environment and modify plans on short notice
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions to meet rigorous deadlines. Prioritization is a must
- Experience creating or maintaining reports or reporting systems
- Master’s or advanced degree equivalent experience in IT, Business, Communications or related field
- Previous experience working directly with independent franchisees or business owners for 3+ years
- 2+ years performing duties of CIM role or equivalent
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.