Architectural Design Manager
Anytime Fitness Woodbury, MN
About the Job
Provide guidance and expertise to ensure franchisees develop the best club possible while supporting the business model and maintaining Anytime Fitness standards.
- Coach, guide and direct franchisees through the design development of new clubs as well as remodels and upgrades of existing clubs, including, but not limited to:
- Working with franchisee to collect as-built drawings and existing condition data
- Create club specific designs utilizing external and internal partners
- Provide franchisees with guidance on construction related issues and topics
- Subject matter expert for design issues
- Provide department/project communication to internal departments as well as external partners
- Subject matter expert for internal departments
- Administrative duties and support
- Develop and maintain organizational design standards
A two-year associate/technical degree and/or 3 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in multi-unit, consumer based construction and design preferred.
- Experience in multi-unit development; e.g. fitness clubs, restaurants, retail, etc. is preferred
- Must be able to read and comprehend construction drawings
- General knowledge of commercial development, construction methodologies including mechanical, electrical and plumbing
- Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals of differing knowledge levels (vendors, contractors, operations, corporate staff, etc.) Good verbal and written communication skills are required
- Able to take direction from multiple sources and follow through multi-step project steps/procedures consistently
- General understanding of building codes, permitting and entitlements
- Experience in handling construction administration and accounting is a plus; e.g. processing of construction lien waivers, the collection of Landlord contributions, construction bidding, issuance of contracts, etc.
- Must be highly motivated, able to prioritize multiple tasks, organize work to meet deadlines and multiple requests, and possess well-developed negotiation skills
- Organize and write procedures in a logical/methodical manner
- Good time management skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.