About the Job
More Information about this Job:
AMERICAN MEDICAL RESPONSE
A Global Medical Response Solution
POSITION: EMT Basic, Full-Time & Part-Time
LOCATION: Napa, CA
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) responds to emergent and non-emergent requests for medical assistance and delivers high quality patient care, treatment, and customer service in the most expedient, professional, safe, caring, and cost-effective manner possible within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and Company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows and maintains thorough familiarity with evolving medical treatment protocols, response requirements, quality assurance procedures, local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and other Company policies.
- Operates Company vehicles in accordance with Risk & Safety policies; is familiar with and abides by traffic laws governing the operation of emergency. response vehicles and maintains a driving record in compliance with Risk & Safety policy requirements.
- Develops ability to locate addresses quickly and safely through knowledge of number systems and street layouts with and without the assistance of maps and electronic mapping devices.
- Performs beginning of shift checks to ensure the ambulance is in a state of mechanical readiness; tops off fluids as necessary; ensures that appropriate equipment and supplies are on board.
- Reports immediately to the Supervisor issues and any discrepancies in vehicle, equipment or supplies standards that could compromise the unit's ability to complete a call and notifies Fleet Maintenance/Supervisor of mechanical failures of the ambulance and equipment.
- Ensures the ambulance is cleaned inside and outside, restocked, tagged as necessary, and fueled at the end of each shift.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient assessment and treatment and of patient statistical and billing information and services rendered.
- Reads medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate and expedient manner.
- Communicates effectively with empathy and compassion to interview patients, their family members, bystanders, other service agency members and facility staff.
- Discerns deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
- Converses with Dispatch, facility staff and other responders via phone or radio as to status of patient.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS & DOCUMENTATION:
- CA State EMT Card
- CA Driver's License
- Ambulance Driver's License
- American Heart Association BLS Card
- Medical Examiner's Certificate
- ICS 100, ICS 200, NIMS 700 (optional, but preferred)
- Proof of Vaccinations (to include TDaP, TB testing, MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella / Chicken Pox, and Influenza)
- Titers demonstrating immunity may be substituted for the proof of vaccination, and poof of vaccines in progress will be accepted
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Some prior work experience in a health care system preferred.
- Some advanced education preferred.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong listening and comprehension abilities.
- Adaptability to quickly evolving situations.
- Strong decision-making.
- Driving Record in compliance with AMR's Safety & Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment offer is made).
WORKING CONDITIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Working Conditions : Available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays, extended workdays. Long periods inside the ambulance. May work indoors or outdoors with exposure to weather. Possible routine exposure to moderate noise levels. May periodically work in poorly lit environments in a moving vehicle.
- Physical Demands : Moderate to extended amounts of sitting, standing, and walking. Some repetitive motion activities. Routinely lifting more than 200 lbs. with assistance. Pushing, pulling, reaching, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, carrying, typing and stair climbing. Visual identification of color-coded items. Clear speech and hearing. Must be able to wear a face mask or respirator with proper fit for extended periods when required.
- Mental Requirements : Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Fatigue, high pressure, exposure to stressful situations.
GUIDING VALUES & BEHAVIORS:
Employees must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
- Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
- Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
- Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
This position reports to the Operations Supervisor
NOTE REGARDING COVID-19: Upon accepting an offer and joining the GMR family, new hires will be required to submit a COVID-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated .
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled