Campaign Analytics Manager
About the Job
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within Global Commercial Capabilities, Commercial Data & Analytics (CD&A) provides the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities.
The Commercial Insights Campaign Analytics Manager is responsible for delivering analytics and insights to support the Omnichannel Commercial efforts within the US and Global Marketing organizations. This includes executing secondary data analytics for omnichannel/digital reporting/tracking, supporting quarterly business reviews, participating in brand campaign development and rollout, and execution of ad-hoc analysis.
The individual in this role must be comfortable developing and implementing omnichannel/digital campaign analytics - including audience analysis, microsegmentation, digital personal development, omnichannel customer journey development, test-and-learn campaign testing, analytics around content and channel affinity, and optimal sequencing of touchpoints. He or she must be a passionate champion of insights-driven strategy and objective evidence-based decision making. Using a variety of methodologies, this role must be comfortable combining digital/omnichannel data analysis with a variety of insights from other sources into a story for brand.
This position will report to the Commercial Insights Director within Commercial Data and Analytics (CD&A) group but will work day-to-day with those that own the brand/omnichannel marketing.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Develop secondary data analytics to support omnichannel/digital marketing, including monitoring exposure and engagement, development of rapid test-and-learn initiatives, digital channel activity tracking and internal/external tactical campaign measurement to provide objective, data-driven insights
- Provide marketing leadership with an objective and rigorous perspective on campaign analytics and performance management
- Work cross functionally with marketing, digital leads, the broader Commercial Insights team, and other stakeholders to develop and communicate assumptions based on campaign analysis and stakeholder input
- Develop and deliver analysis using complex data sources including industry syndicated data sources (media measurement and benchmarking), tactical performance data, etc. to generate a holistic, objective, and detailed understanding of brand business and KPIs
- Interpret, summarize, and communicate analyses to drive campaign understanding and recommendations for tactical performance tracking tools, and ad-hoc requests
- Manage relationships with external vendors to prioritize business needs and enable effective execution of analytics
- Enhance the campaign analytics capabilities of the Commercial Insights team by researching and implementing new analytical tools, methodologies, internal and external best practices, new data sources, etc.
- Doctorate degree & 2 years of forecasting, analytics, sales &/or marketing operations experience
- Master’s degree & 4 years of forecasting, analytics, sales &/or marketing operations experience
- Bachelor’s degree & 6 years of analytics, sales &/or marketing operations experience
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing, including multi-touch attribution, impression tracking, customer journey, omnichannel/campaign analytic methodologies, as well as marketing analytics in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with leading the full cycle of measurement attribution initiatives from ideation to implementation through development of rigorous methods for full funnel and cross platform measurement of media efficacy
- Create solution design, data layer requirements, and tagging specifications to implement analytics.
- Experience with SQL, R, Python, digital or web analytics (Omniture, WebTrends, Google Analytics, AdWords, AdCenter, DoubleClick, MediaMath, Exact Target, etc.) is required
- Experience with digital marketing channels (Paid Search or SEM, Organic Search or SEO, Paid Social, Earned Social, Display, Email) is required
- Ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment across different functional groups
- Demonstrated analytical skills—understands the strengths and limitations of different analytical approaches and their findings
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts and controversial findings clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior management
- Skill in handling multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of commonly used biopharmaceutical industry datasets and databases
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow and deliver for patients — we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.