When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from 1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
The Process Engineer II has operational responsibility for reducing operating expenses and increasing efficiencies across all field operations. They will partner with operations management to ensure Delivery Reps are achieving desired KPIs and metrics for delivery performance. Responsibilities include analyzing performance metrics vs. goals, riding along with Delivery Reps, coaching local leadership, and proposing recommendations and action plans.
• Ability to collaborate with others including TMs, and delivery reps to ensure execution of objectives
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage and motivate team
• Must be analytical and capable of translating data into actionable results
• Ability to coach or train other employees
• Ability to function independently in the absence of the manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate closely with various departments including Process Engineer Manager, and Territory Manager to ensure cohesiveness in executing operation processes.
• Fully understand the Delivery Reps job function, daily activities, and work expectations. Review district performance reports and dashboards metrics; creates and updates reports as needed.
• Train, coach, and monitor employee’s compliance in safety, distribution, and OPEX policy & procedures, keeping Delivery Reps and TMs accountable on their actions.
• Monitor and observe employee productivity through ride along, use of the Field Utilization & Efficiency reporting, and other tools; identify opportunities to increase productivity and reduce OPEX
• Conduct root-cause problem solving and communicate observations to Territory Manager and Process Engineer Manager; proposing action items, and metrics to monitor.
• Ensure adherence to all regulatory and statutory requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret performance data, metrics, and reporting documents relating to District performance, safety, and technical procedures.
• Effective problem-solving skills & acute analytical skills.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational & time management skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft office products, such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
Education and Experience Required:
• 4-year College Degree is preferred
• 3 to 5 years process improvement or field operations experience
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.