Volunteer Recruitment Specialist
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
As an employee at the American Red Cross, you could be on the front lines making a positive impact on our community. You could provide your services directly to the American public or support to the people who do. Both roles help further the mission of the Red Cross. Join our non-profit organization, where your heart and mind go to work!
The American Red Cross of GA is seeking a Volunteer Recruitment Specialist to be based in our Columbus, GA Chapter. This is a full time, hourly paid (non-exempt) position that is currently a work from home position until restrictions are lifted. To operate a Red Cross vehicle you must have a valid driver's license as travel through the region will be 50%+.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience recruiting volunteers is highly desired!
The Recruitment Specialist is responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of broad based recruitment strategies to attract and identify Red Cross volunteers to effectively support Regional goals and mission critical activities.
1. At the direction of the local leadership (Regional Volunteer Services Officer or Senior Recruitment Specialist): Utilize comprehensive recruitment strategies to meet assigned volunteer recruitment metrics identified through the Volunteer Needs Assessment. Emphasis placed on geography, skill sets, availability and leadership experience.
2. Conduct face to face general and targeted recruiting activities to obtain volunteer applicants tracked to referral and approval.
3. Support the development and ongoing refinement of the Regional Volunteer Recruitment Plan to include both in-person and digital strategies.
4. Assist in identifying, cultivating, and maintaining relationships with key volunteer recruitment agencies/organizations, market segments, and populations to create a robust network and strong candidate pipeline for future needs.
5. Partner with assigned staff to strengthen existing relationships, and identify and evaluate prospective volunteer recruitment sources and partnerships within the Region.
6. Assist in evaluating and modifying recruitment strategies based on lessons learned.
7. Assist with maintaining accurate records of all potential and actual volunteer leads through the appropriate volunteer tracking tool.
8. Produce monthly volunteer activity status reports as directed.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent combination of related education and experience required.
Experience: Minimum three to five years related experience required.
Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong training and presentation skills.
• Interpersonal skills and the ability to relate effectively to people of diverse backgrounds and education levels.
• Knowledge of group dynamics, customer maintenance techniques, negotiation skills, and the ability to effectively implement programs is preferred.
• Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple and continuously evolving priorities effectively are required.
• Recruiting experience OR the ability to effectively communicate and represent Red Cross mission and activities in a positive and realistic manner is preferred.
• Other Skills: Intermediate proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights