Volunteer Engagement Representative
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Volunteer Engagement Representative-Blood Donor Services
Develop and lead the implementation of effective volunteer programs to further the engagement of Biomedical volunteers. This includes establishing the framework, recruitment, engagement, scheduling and retention of sufficient numbers of regulated and non-regulated volunteers to meet operational needs within assigned leadership territory. Directly supervise teams of volunteers.
May serve as liaison to Humanitarian Services, Volunteer Services and other external organizations related to volunteers.
- Develop a thorough volunteer needs assessment for assigned territory.
- Meet with stakeholders and ensure alignment of National goals to volunteer needs.
- Identify key partnership opportunities and market segments ideal for Biomedical Volunteer Recruitment.
- Recruit and train volunteer recruiters in the field, Interview prospective volunteers and accept volunteers into the Biomedical volunteer program.
- Participate in the development and implement a comprehensive volunteer onboarding program for each volunteer position.
- Serve as a Facilitator for all volunteer training coursework.
- Supervise teams of volunteer trainers and ensure all training is thorough and documented.
- Schedule volunteers for assigned positions using Volunteer Connection.
- Supervise team of leaders and schedulers to ensure a strong fill rate using Volunteer Connection.
- Interface with District Manager, DRD to ensure all volunteer requests are timely and complete.
- Participate in the development and implement a volunteer retention strategy to include frequent personal interaction with the volunteer community both personally and through the volunteer infrastructure which reports to the Representative.
- Volunteer Recognition through Biomedical Services will include informal recognition and quarterly events to promote community and honor the volunteer experience.
- Review volunteer satisfaction data; work with operational teams to develop engagement/retention strategies to improve volunteer satisfaction within territory.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or equivalent related experience required.
- A minimum of three years related experience required.
- Proven ability to implement new programs or service delivery. Volunteer experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including training and presentation skills is required.
- Computer knowledge is preferred.
- A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements
The duties are representative of the essential functions of the position. Physical requirements are those present in normal office environment conditions. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. May be required to travel to sites throughout the region.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights