Telesales Specialist, RSG
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
As an employee at the American Red Cross, you could be on the front lines making a positive impact on our community. You could help support the lifesaving health and safety services we offer to the American public. Both roles help further the mission of the Red Cross. Join our non-profit organization, where your heart and mind go to work!
We are currently seeking a Telesales Specialist, Registration Support Group (RSG) to support our Training Services program.
The position is full-time, hourly, working remotely from home. The scheduling is M-F, 8-hour shifts per day--operating hours are 7:30 am - 10 pm EST.
The Telesales Specialist, RSG, is responsible for selling customer registrations in Red Cross community training classes primarily to individuals, but also to small businesses or large businesses who have less than eight employees to train (B2C Sales). The position is also responsible for selling retail training products and supplies from the Red Cross Store to consumer and business customers. The position reports to the Supervisor, RSG Telesales.
The Business to Consumer Telesales Specialist uses highly specialized sales skills to understand customer needs to sell the most appropriate course and product to the customer.
- Handle inbound calls for customers who are interested in taking Red Cross community training courses or purchasing Red Cross Store products and supplies.
- Act as consultant to uncover customer training and Red Cross retail product needs.
- Recommend and sell Red Cross training classes and Red Cross Store retail products based on customer needs.
- Handle credit card transactions and place training and retail product orders through Sales systems.
- Accurately document and update all cases with required call information in Salesforce.
- Upsell Red Cross Store retail products that complement class enrollment.
- Handle customer returns, exchanges or cancellations of Red Cross Store product orders following established policies and guidelines.
- Answer customer questions and address concerns about classes or products.
- Responsible for attaining Training revenue of $190K per year and Retail revenue of $90K per year.
Education: High school diploma/GED certificate - higher education a plus.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of call center experience, in a B2C sales position. Knowledge of, and experience in applying sales techniques. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven consumer sales skills; product sales experience a plus.
- Ability to quickly assess customer needs or issues and examine relevant information for a solution.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate computer skills and demonstrated ability to utilize MS Office programs and Salesforce.com or similar client relationship management applications.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills and work habits (Reliable and punctual).
- Skilled in time management and multi-tasking.
- Ability to work in fast-paced and changing environment .
- Strong sales and people skills (good listener and empathetic).
- Customer service, sales and/or influencing others .
Must have strong, reliable internet service at home.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights