Specialist 1, Volunteer Recruitment
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. At the American Red Cross, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
We are seeking a Full Time Volunteer Recruitment Specialist to support our Toledo, OH office. The Recruitment Specialist is responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of broad based recruitment strategies to attract and identify Red Cross volunteers to effectively support Regional goals and mission critical activities.
- At the direction of the local leadership (Regional Volunteer Services Officer or Senior Recruitment Specialist): Utilize comprehensive recruitment strategies to meet assigned volunteer recruitment metrics identified through the Volunteer Needs Assessment. Emphasis placed on geography, skill sets, availability and leadership experience.
- Conduct face to face general and targeted recruiting activities to obtain volunteer applicants tracked to referral and approval.
- Support the development and ongoing refinement of the Regional Volunteer Recruitment Plan to include both in-person and digital strategies.
- Assist in identifying, cultivating, and maintaining relationships with key volunteer recruitment agencies/organizations, market segments, and populations to create a robust network and strong candidate pipeline for future needs.
- Partner with assigned staff to strengthen existing relationships, and identify and evaluate prospective volunteer recruitment sources and partnerships within the Region.
- Assist in evaluating and modifying recruitment strategies based on lessons learned.
- Assist with maintaining accurate records of all potential and actual volunteer leads through the appropriate volunteer tracking tool.
- Produce monthly volunteer activity status reports as directed.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent combination of related education and experience required.
- Experience: Minimum three to five years related experience required.
- Skills & Abilities: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong training and presentation skills. Interpersonal skills and the ability to relate effectively to people of diverse backgrounds and education levels. Knowledge of group dynamics, customer maintenance techniques, negotiation skills, and the ability to effectively implement programs is preferred. Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple and continuously evolving priorities effectively are required. Recruiting experience OR the ability to effectively communicate and represent Red Cross mission and activities in a positive and realistic manner is preferred.
- Other Skills: Intermediate proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- May involve travel. A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization that creates a culture of collaboration and team spirit. We offer our employee's a competitive salary, wide range of generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; 401K retirement plan with match; paid time off, holidays and floating holidays. Also, we encourage professional development and provide growth opportunities. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights