Social Media Strategy and Content, Manager
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The Social Media Strategy and Content, Manager will be responsible for developing a social media strategy along with support activities related to Social Media. This position will build on the continuing development of a Red Cross Training Services brand and online reputation. This position will be challenged with bringing the businesses social and owned digital content strategies to life through breakthrough activations and high-impact engaging communications and assets - across multiple platforms including Facebook and LinkedIn and potential future platforms.
This position can be located anywhere in the U.S.
Operational and Analytical Skills:
• Stay informed about trends and tools in social media, marketing, and technology
• Design and implement platform-specific marketing strategies that align with overall business goals (e.g., conversions, lead generation, awareness, etc.)
• Measure, test and report on social strategies and campaigns using analytics tools
• Conduct social media listening and social media monitoring using appropriate tools
• Contribute to and/or own the company's social media and social media PR crisis policy
• Working with the Operation team to listen and monitor ensure support and moderation of customer comments/posts. Ensure that responses are done in a 'social' way while cultivating leads for sales channel.
• Interface with the NHQ Corporate social teams to understand and integrate the overall social strategy with the Training Services strategy along with providing input to the NHQ team to ensure understanding of the Training Services social plans
• Develop and execute Training Services social media engagement plan and tracks publishing schedule.
Training Services Revenue Support and Market Awareness Skills:
• Develop and communicate with all members of Training Services including sales, product management and marketing to ensure they are included in strategy development and aware of upcoming social posts.
• Develop, curate and own relevant/evergreen marketing content calendars, style guides and playbooks- keeping teams organized and connected around key activities and content, while serving as liaison with other cross-functional teams.
• Support the needs of the marketing and product teams to support training services revenue goals of 100M+
• Publish relevant and original high-quality content (images, video and written) that is in alignment with Training Services voice. Content should be reviewed with key stakeholders including the subject matter experts and necessary organizational approval.
• Manage and maintain content library of training services social media assets
• Maximize/increase followers on existing National Red Cross and integrate Training Services social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, You Tube.
• Build reporting frameworks to evaluate return on investment on the various platforms.
• Working with various members of the marketing and product management teams to look at ways social media can work within wider campaigns.
• Develop KPI monthly reports, trends and engagement reports on emerging social media trends that will be submitted to the management and executive teams and demonstrate progress against annual goals.
• Develop recommendations to improve site experience and present to product and marketing contacts.
• Bachelor's degree
• 5-7 years of related social media management experience (Internships and curricular activity included)
• Exceptional multi-tasking skill
• Ability to write, edit and craft social media context including an eye for design
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work across organizations to gain support
• Experience with utilizing publishing, analytics and listening tools to help content creation and engagement
• Strong problem-solving and collaboration skills
• Ability to travel 20-30%.
For those candidates located in Colorado, the salary range for this position is: $73,150- 97,570.
Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization that creates a culture of collaboration and team spirit. We offer our employee's a competitive salary, wide range of generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; 401K retirement plan with match; paid time off, holidays and floating holidays. Also, we encourage professional development and provide growth opportunities. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights