Sickle Cell Account Manager - Durham/Wilmington area!
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
If you are energetic, self-motivated, like the fast pace of sales, and enjoy working with diverse volunteers, the American Red Cross has an opportunity for you!
We have an opening on our North Carolina Donor Recruitment team for an outside sales representative, Sickle Cell Account Manager, who is responsible for developing partnerships with African American current and potential blood drive coordinators and blood donor groups to grow diverse blood collection targets for area blood drives. The position will be working in an around the Durham and Wilmington areas.
As an employee at the American Red Cross, you could be on the front lines making a positive impact on our community and specifically in the lives of African American patients. Join our non-profit organization, where your heart and mind go to work!
Sickle Cell disease occurs in 1 in 365 births of African descent. A sickle cell patient can require multiple blood transfusions per year throughout their lifetime. Sickle cell patients are more likely to find a compatible blood match from a donor of the same race or ethnic group.
- Identify, develop, and implement creative strategies to attract, manage, and retain potential blood drive Sponsors and feeder groups for existing blood drives to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual collection goals.
- Identify and apply appropriate methods to ensure efficient scheduling of blood drives by assigned Sponsors to meet blood collection goals.
- Provide enough organizational and operational support to sponsor contact to ensure the achievement of collection operation and annual goals.
- Coordinate activities with appropriate collections personnel to ensure a positive Sponsor and donor experience and smooth, efficient operations.
- Schedule and implement education programs for Sponsor contact, recruitment committees, line volunteers, and volunteer Telerecruiters within assigned groups to assist in meeting collection objectives and to comply with all ARCBS directives, Code of Federal Regulations, local operating procedures, and other related regulatory requirements.
- Develop a working knowledge of the community, its government, demographics, and organizations.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience: Minimum one-year related experience required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
- Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of group dynamics, direct sales, customer maintenance techniques, negotiation skills, and the ability to effectively implement programs is preferred. Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities effectively are required. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including training and presentation skills, are required. A current valid driver's license and a good driving record are required. Ability to work on a team.
- Travel: May be required to travel to sites throughout the Red Cross organization.
Salary - You expect a base salary in the $58K range + incentives. There is a mileage reimbursement plan a s well.
As part of the world's largest humanitarian network, the American Red Cross places top priority on the health and safety of our employees, volunteers, blood donors, and those who receive our aid and services. Our commitment to public health is unwavering-both during the COVID-19 pandemic and year-round.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights