Service to Armed Forces Specialist
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The American Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) mission is to provide care and comfort to the members of the United States Armed Forces and their families. It is the impetus for the establishment of the American Red Cross (ARC). SAF at the Red Cross is a mixture of both tradition and innovation. ARC continues to provide traditional support to military families; serve in military and veterans hospitals, and conduct emergency communication. But, we also continually adapt our traditional services and create new programs to meet the needs of today's military member, veterans and their families.
We are currently seeking a full-time Service to Armed Forces Specialist in Colorado Springs. The SAF Regional Program Specialist position is dynamic and part of an elite group of employees focused on providing support to the entire military community, just as our founder, Clara Barton provided care and assistance on the Civil War battlefield.This is the perfect position for someone who would like to apply their leadership skills and community outreach and education experience to a team focused on providing services to their local military and veteran communities.
For those candidates located in Colorado, the salary range for this position is:
$18-$19 per hour
Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
The SAF Regional Program Manager administers the delivery of American Red Cross services to meet the needs of United States military members, veterans, and their families in accordance with Red Cross policies and procedures. This is accomplished through managing volunteers and working with other Red Cross departments and community partners to ensure SAF service delivery in and around southern Colorado.
1. Relationship Management and Community Outreach: Builds strong relationships with military leadership, key organizations and community leaders. Cultivates relationships and partnerships with external constituents in the local community, including government organizations, corporate partners, civic organizations and other community charitable and nonprofit agencies with the purpose of furthering the mission of the Red Cross. Outreach includes command meetings, education briefings, presentations or information sessions.
2. Volunteer Management: Manages a volunteer program to enable delivery of SAF programs and services. Provides supervision of both paid and volunteer staff. Helps ensure volunteer staff ratio reflects the diversity of the population being served.
3. Service Delivery Management: Ensures the consistent delivery of the SAF core services to all clients in their area.
• Coordinates services to military treatment facilities and VA hospitals through rehabilitation programs, material assistance, and morale items and support.
• Ensures community outreach, to include command meetings and education briefings, presentations, or workshops.
• Ensures a strong military community outreach program and implementation of special events and projects in support of SAF initiatives.
• Manages support services to military members and their families to include family follow-up information and referrals, as well as other related services. Provides support for the emergency communications center with local information, as appropriate.
• Ensures military and veteran community is offered resiliency training.
4. Financial and Reporting Management: Manages expenditures to ensure programs are operating within budget to support SAF programs and services. Monitors and reports on the outcomes and results of programs and services to ensure organizational accountability and makes recommendations for continuous improvement to ensure metrics are consistently met.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business or public administration, human resources management, community organization, social or health sciences, or related field is required; or related equivalent experience.
Experience: A minimum of three years related experience in program management or related field is required.
Managerial Experience: Supervisory, volunteer recruitment and/or management experience is strongly desired.
Skills and Abilities: Requires strong computer and public speaking skills, the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in an individual or team environment. Viable candidates will be able to effectively showcase their ability to balance multiple priorities. Experience with American Red Cross programs and services is strongly desired, as is the familiarity with military culture, regulations and protocol.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights