Senior Regional Program Specialist - Mobile
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The Services to the Armed Forces (SAF) mission is to provide care and comfort to the members of the United States Armed Forces and their families. It is the impetus for the establishment of the American Red Cross (ARC). SAF at the Red Cross is a mixture of both tradition and innovation. ARC continues to provide traditional support to military families; serve in military and veterans hospitals, and conduct emergency communication. But, we also continually adapt our traditional services and create new programs to meet the needs of today's military member, veterans and their families.
The American Red Cross is currently seeking a Senior Regional Program Specialist in Springfield, Missouri to support the Service to Armed Forces region that encompasses southeast Missouri and northwest Arkansas. This position is also part of our mobile staff, which requires meeting strict medical and security clearances prior to employment, and worldwide deployment, as needed, is a condition of employment. Mobile staff members typically deploy for 6 months at a time typically, once every 1-2 years, and can be sent to any military base in the world.
The Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) Senior Regional Program Specialist assists in the delivery of American Red Cross programs and services to meet the needs of United States military members, veterans and their families in accordance with Red Cross policies and procedures. This is accomplished through managing volunteers and working with other Red Cross departments.
1. Relationship Management and Community Outreach: Serves as the "face" of the Red Cross at assigned location.
• Cultivates relationships and partnerships with external constituents in the local community, including government organizations, corporate partners, civic organizations and other community charitable and nonprofit agencies with the purpose of furthering the mission of the Red Cross. Outreach includes command meetings, education briefings, presentations or information sessions.
2. Volunteer Management: Develops and implements a strategic volunteer program to engage and enable delivery of all Red Cross programs and services on a military installation.
• Recruits and trains volunteers in the delivery of SAF programs and services, Preparedness, Health & Safety Services, Disaster Cycle Services, and providing support to Armed Forces Blood Services,
• Supervises volunteer staff in their daily work responsibilities.
3. Service Delivery Management: Ensures the delivery of SAF core services to all clients within their jurisdiction. Supports other lines of ARC service to ensure the delivery of Preparedness, Health and Safety Services training, disaster preparedness and response and Red Cross Blood Services. Services may include conducting training, meetings, presentations, and workshops as well as scheduling, recruitment, marketing and providing materials and support throughout the community.
4. Reporting & Admin Support: Monitors and reports on American Red Cross Service Delivery Outcomes.
• Interact with customers and other teams to obtain data to document outcomes and program results to ensure organizational accountability.
• Input and Evaluate Service Delivery Data for consistency completeness, accuracy, reasonableness.
• Generate data reports on a scheduled and/ or periodic basis for management or local command.
• Makes recommendations for continuous improvement to ensure metrics are consistently met.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business or public administration, human resources management, community organization, social or health sciences, or related field; or relevant equivalent experience is required.
Experience: A minimum of five years related experience is required.
Management Experience: At least one year of management experience is strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Requires strong computer skills. Public speaking skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing are required. Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in an individual or team environment. The ability to balance multiple priorities is essential. Experience with American Red Cross programs and services is strongly desired. Familiarity with military culture, regulations and protocol is strongly desired.
Travel: Must have a valid driver's license required
Mobile staff requirements:
- World-wide mobility is a condition of employment. It is an essential function of this position and employees must accept assignments anywhere in the world where we provide services to members of the U.S. military and their families.
- Mobile staff members must be US citizens and able to obtain/maintain a secret security clearance and no-fee U.S. passport.
- Must meet and maintain strict medical and physical requirements, including immunizations required by the U.S. military and Department of Defense.
- Responsible for proper wear and maintenance of daily Red Cross Duty Uniform, and live and work in harsh and stressful environment in conflict areas.
- Periodically accompanies the military on deployments.
- Some station offices are in remote locations without public transportation.
- An interim Secret Security Clearance must be obtained if SSC is not currently held.
- When deployed, you may be required to work 12-hour shifts, 7 days a week. Privacy is often limited and you may have to share accommodations with co-workers, military members, etc.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights