Senior Program Officer, Cause Marketing
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The national cause marketing team leads program development, directly engages donors and supports fundraisers by leveraging the power of the American Red Cross brand. The Senior Cause Marketing Officer engages both field fundraising staff and donors advising, evaluating, soliciting, negotiating, implementing and at times training to get results. This work is rigorous and rewarding taking place during the organization's steady state (blue skies) and during disasters (grey skies).
- Serves as organizational expert for cause marketing.
- Advises field leadership and relationship managers in a set territory how to increase cause marketing revenue by making smart partnership decisions that produces the best return on investment.
- Collaborates with supervisor, Cause Marketing Team and senior management to develop, evaluate and execute strategy linked directly to FY25 growth targets.
- Frequently joins fundraisers to discover, pitch and negotiate activations. Includes contract negotiations.
- Provides activation support, working closely with the fundraisers, to maximize the fundraising opportunity, execute consumer fundraising tactics, and ensure donor satisfaction. This includes support for episodic fundraising campaigns.
- Creates customized concepts and proposals to secure revenue and visibility from corporate donors.
- Leads cause marketing platforms like the Holiday Campaign and liaises with third-party partners.
- Develops and presents fundraising resources and national/local training programs.
- Collaborates internally with other departments like the Office of General Counsel, Marketing and Communications to execute cause marketing efforts.
- Other duties as assigned to support the operational needs of the organization.
- A Bachelor's degree required (or equivalent experience) in Marketing, Sales, Business or relevant field.
- A minimum of five years experience working for a nonprofit organization or in public relations, marketing, sales, or brand/product development.
- Cause marketing experience required.
- Experience coordinating projects in a large organization preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong persuasive presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, share candid feedback and advance through decision making efficiently.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, including attention to detail and data management. Strong in/external customer service is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team and initiative and ability to handle deadlines, pressure and changing priorities with good judgment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is necessary and experience with a donor management system (like Raiser's Edge) is highly preferred.
- Operational flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs, willingness to work outside standard established business hours, and 25% of business travel are required.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights