Senior Director, Salesforce Technical Owner (remote work location)
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
This position will work remotely from anywhere in the USA. Typical work hours will primarily be East Coast and work with others who are also remotely located across the country.
RC Care is a Salesforce based platform with integrations to many third parties to assist the American Red Cross in providing timely, relevant, scalable services to our clients around the world. RC Care is a case management and client relationship management database with robust adaptability to tailor the user experience and services available based on the type of event and user, and to create a guided, relevant experience to volunteers, clients, and employees who use the application 24/7. The RC Care system seeks to provide a personalized look and experience to each user and to help families through difficult life events in an intuitive way. The services, business units, and communities served will grow and adapt over time and the product needs to be constantly at the forefront anticipating evolving user and business needs.
The RC Care Team:
We are a blended business and technical team that operates like an internal start-up, focused on building solutions to drive forward the humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross through an emphasis on Client Services and Experience. As a member of the RC Care team, you will be responsible for converting business concepts into the next generation of applications and tools, utilizing adaptive agile methodologies to deliver a minimal viable product to the business in record time. There is a lot of opportunity on this team for the right person to bring consistency, robustness, scalability, and vision. We are looking for clear minded visionaries to ensure a dependable and innovative user experience while keeping up with a large quantity of incoming business and market demands. We continue to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Owner to join our RC Care Team.
Job Description Summary
The Senior Director, Salesforce Technical Owner is responsible for strategic and tactical planning, delivery and operation of IT systems that enable and support the business objectives of the American Red Cross Humanitarian mission. This role drives all IT related work related to the Humanitarian Client Care Center. This person will be responsible for the following IT systems in this area: Case/Client Management, Identity and Payments, Response Events, Damage Assessments, Reporting and a few other applications. This is a strategic and highly impactful role, helping the organization use technology to increase response to the mission.
The Senior Director, Salesforce Technical Owner is responsible for building strong partnerships with business leaders, developing a deep understanding of the Disaster and Service to the Armed Forces business and technology needs, and working closely with business leaders to develop technology plans and roadmaps, and to deliver and operate solutions that meet business objectives. This role will lead a combination of managed services vendors, internal IT teams and consulting vendors to deliver programs in this area.
The Senior Director, Salesforce Technical Owner collaborates with IT leaders and organizations to deliver integrated solutions to Humanitarian Services that are cost-effective to operate and maintain, and that adhere to IT standards, policies, and processes.
- Initiate, build and maintain excellent working relationships with business leaders, including key senior management
- Partner with business leaders and senior management to understand strategic business plans and roadmaps and develop supporting information technology plans and roadmaps.
- Prepare and manage budgets for implementing technology investments, including tracking costs, preparing forecasts, analyzing variances, preparing reports and presentations, etc.
- Develop IT execution and delivery strategies, including in-house vs. outsourcing approaches
- Develop or oversee development of program and project plans, milestones, deliverables, timelines, resources and budgets
- Partner with IT leaders and senior management to deliver integrated solutions that are cost-effective to operate and maintain, and that adhere to IT standards, policies and processes.
- Weigh in as necessary on requirements, architecture, security, engineering, infrastructure and other aspects of solution delivery or system maintenance to represent the business objectives and priorities. Ensure non-functional and technical requirements are included in all project plans.
- Manage vendor performance and relationships to effectively and efficiently meet business objectives.
- Responsible for IT human capital management to include staffing, employee training and career development, establishing performance standards and conducting reviews, and succession planning.
- Model leadership behaviors, develop a results-driven environment, and mentor and coach staff as necessary and appropriate.
- Ensure 24/7/365 staffing for mission critical systems
- Accountable for system redundancy and technical continuity of operations
KEY CHARACTERISTICS AND ABILITIES
The candidate must demonstrate the ability to:
- Develop and implement an organizational strategy which integrates key American Red Cross and Information Technology goals, priorities, values, and other factors.
- Balance change and continuity--to continually strive to improve customer focus and organizational performance within the Red Cross framework, to create a work environment that encourages innovation, and to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity.
- Design and implement strategies which develop direct reports and others in the organization, and foster integrity and trust in meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals.
- Make timely and effective decisions and produce results through strategic planning and the implementation and evaluation of programs and policies.
- Foster an environment of accountability and continuous improvements.
- Acquire and administer human, financial, material, and information resources in a manner which instills public trust and accomplishes the organization's mission, and to use new technology to enhance decision making.
- Explain, advocate and express facts and ideas in a convincing manner, and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally.
- Develop an expansive professional network with other organizations, and to identify the internal and external politics that impact the work of the organization.
- Step up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities, reading situations quickly and listening with focus.
- Negotiate agreements and settle disputes equitably, finding common ground and gaining cooperation with minimum noise.
- 10 plus years experience to include 5-7 management/supervisory experience and proven experience managing case management IT engineering projects and systems
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud and Communities implementations and support is required
- 4 year degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline. Advanced degree desirable.
- Program/Project management experience, and experience with Agile, Scrum, DevOps practices required
- Awareness/knowledge with PaaS/IaaS cloud-native applications
- Strong skills in the use of Service Management tools, such as EasyVista
- Previous experience as Salesforce Technical Lead (not expected to do day to day development)
- Experience with Hyperwallet and/or payment and identity providers desired
- Knowledge of ITIL framework required
- High level of expertise in case management process design and implementations.
- Experience working with clients with significant and complex IT needs
- Experience working in large, complex IT project environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think critically and strategically
- Ability to independently lead an IT area with limited oversight
For those candidates located in Colorado, the salary range for this position is: $180K+/-. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization that creates a culture of collaboration and team spirit. We offer our employee's a competitive salary, wide range of generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; 401K retirement plan with match; paid time off, holidays and floating holidays. Also, we encourage professional development and provide growth opportunities. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights