About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The American Red Cross has an opening for a Scientist in their central R&D facility in Rockville, MD. The laboratory investigates methods of preparation and storage of blood components and they are in vitro safety and quality. Scientists in the department collaborate with Biomedical services headquarters staff in providing operational support to the Red Cross Blood Services regions by designing, developing, testing, and assessing new technologies and equipment. The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. with experience in platelet and/or red cell biology. The candidate will be responsible for independently conceiving and designing a variety of developmental research projects and successfully obtaining external and/or internal funding. Flow cytometry, supervisory, and industrial experience are desirable.
- Independently conceives and designs research or development projects and is successful in obtaining their support through funding from external agencies or through an internal review.
- Establish a record of successful research or development so that long term support is obtained and there is national and international recognition of the accomplishments.
- Publish manuscripts reporting on experimental studies and reviews related to the area of scientific expertise.
- Provide technical and scientific training and professional development opportunities to technicians, graduate students, and post-doctoral fellows.
- Typically has unit-specific responsibilities with the scope of the job.
- Ph.D. required
- Experience in platelet and/or red cell biology
As part of the world's largest humanitarian network, the American Red Cross places top priority on the health and safety of our employees, volunteers, blood donors, and those who receive our aid and services. Our commitment to public health is unwavering-both during the COVID-19 pandemic and year-round.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights