Sales Manager II
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The American Red Cross is a humanitarian organization, led by volunteers, that provides relief to victims of disaster and helps people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies. It does this through services that are consistent with its Congressional Charter and the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The American Red Cross is the foremost volunteer emergency service organization in the United States with more than 590 chapters nationwide.
The Red Cross of Texas has a fantastic opportunity available for a Sales Manager II. This is a Work from Home (WFH) position, however you must be located in Texas. This position is full-time 40 hours/week.
Reporting to the Division Sales Director, the Sales Manager II is responsible for growth within the Territory. Directs the sale of training services and products to Top Tier accounts and targeted acquisition prospects through Sales Representatives and personal sales activities. Primary responsibilities are protecting and growing revenues from current accounts and generating new revenues from targeted acquisition accounts, achieving territory sales goals, managing team performance, overseeing use of sales metrics by Sales Representatives and assisting the Division Sales Director in budget administration.
1. Responsible for managing the assigned sales team.. Plans and directs assigned sales force activities including business development efforts, customer communications, and assistance in preparation of sales forecasts.
2. The Sales Manager II in conjunction with reporting sales staff will sell PHSS products and services to corporate, government and/ or not for profit customers. Seeks and acts upon leads and builds relationships with potential customers to bring them to close.
3. Identifies business and growth opportunities using an existing network of industry contacts to generate new business. Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
4. Hires high-performing salespeople according to HR staffing guidelines. Trains new sales people to ensure success, coaches and develops existing direct reports.
5. Drives the sales process for PHSS products and services ensuring compliance.
6. Ensures productive and positive relationship with customers. Explores and builds partner relationships to develop and/or enhance business alliances externally and with OneRedCross partners (Chapters and Blood Services).
7. Responsible for ensuring the assigned sales volume and profitability objectives are met.
8. Personally observes day-to-day performance of all sales team members and provides support in effort to maintain and improve relationships with the Top Tier clients.
9. Cultivates effective business relationships with executive decision makers in key accounts.
10. Responsible for managing resources allocated, including budget and personnel.
11. Minimum 4 FTEs; typically 5 to 9 direct reports.
12. Territory Size: annual revenue target greater than $2,000,000.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources/Training, or similar discipline.
Experience: A minimum of 5 plus years of direct experience in sales and/or product marketing position. Experience in acquiring and managing large accounts as well as Business planning and budget development is required with knowledge of field sales techniques. Work in education tech/services or consumer products/services is a plus, but not required.
Management Experience: A minimum 3 years of supervisory management experience. Proven ability to direct and mentor executive level sales team required.
Skills and Abilities: Demonstrated ability to recruit, interview and hire professional and experienced business to business sales representatives. Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to simultaneously manage several projects and motivate teams under tight deadlines. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings. Basic computer skills and demonstrated ability to utilize MS Office programs and Salesforce.com or similar client relationship management applications.
Travel: Ability to travel 70%. Must have reliable transportation for regional travel.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization that creates a culture of collaboration and team spirit. We offer our employee's a competitive salary, wide range of generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; 401K retirement plan with match; paid time off, holidays and floating holidays. Also, we encourage professional development and provide growth opportunities. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights