SAF & IS Regional Program Director
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The Services to the Armed Forces (SAF) mission is to provide care and comfort to the members of the United States Armed Forces and their families. It is the impetus for the establishment of the American Red Cross (ARC). SAF at the Red Cross is a mixture of both tradition and innovation. ARC continues to provide traditional support to military families; serve in military and veterans hospitals, and conduct emergency communication. But, we also continually adapt our traditional services and create new programs to meet the needs of today's military member, veterans and their families.
The American Red Cross is currently seeking an SAF (Service to the Armed Forces) & International Services (IS) Regional Program Director for our Concord, NH, or Portland, ME, or Burlington, VT location. The position will lead our Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) & International Services programs in the North New England Region.
The SAF & IS Regional Program Director directs, strengthens and grows American Red Cross programs and services to meet the needs of United States military members, veterans and their families in accordance with Red Cross policies and procedures. This is accomplished through managing volunteers and working with other Red Cross departments. The SAF & IS Regional Program Director provides management oversight of all American Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) Services & International Services within North New England developing long- and short-term program strategies and overseeing the implementation for programs/services in communities and on military installations.
1. Relationship Management: Builds strong relationships with military leadership, key organizations and community leaders. Cultivates relationships and partnerships with external constituents in the local community, including government organizations, corporate partners, civic organizations and other community charitable and nonprofit agencies with the purpose of furthering the mission of the Red Cross. Ensures a year-around public relations program to maintain public goodwill and strengthen financial and logistical support within the military community and command.
2. Volunteer Management: Manages a volunteer program to enable delivery of SAF programs and services. Provides supervision of both paid and volunteer staff. Helps ensure volunteer staff ratio reflects the diversity of the population being served.
3. Service Delivery Management: Provides management support to SAF programs, ensuring that SAF services are carried out in accordance with specified Red Cross policies and procedures, and according to their strategic plan within their assigned jurisdiction.
• Manages services to military treatment facilities and VA hospitals through rehabilitation programs, material assistance, and morale items and support.
• Ensures community outreach throughout jurisdiction, to include command meetings and education briefings/presentations/workshops.
• Manages support services to military members and their families to include family follow up and information and referrals; and other related services. Provides support for the emergency communications center with local information, as appropriate.
• Ensures military and veteran community is offered resiliency training.
• Meets organization metrics.
4. Financial and Reporting Management: Manages budget to ensure sufficient funds are available to support SAF programs and services. Monitors and reports on the outcomes and results of programs and services.
CONUS (United States and territories):
• Works in conjunction with the Division SAF Manager and the Regional SAF team to ensure programs and events are implemented consistently within their region.
• Works closely with Regional Volunteer Manager to develop and implement a strategic regional SAF volunteer program plan.
• Participates with Regional Executive in the strategic planning process to support the delivery, sustainment and growth of SAF services and programs within the region.
• Partners with the Regional communication team to support strong visibility for SAF in the community.
• May oversee International Services.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business or public administration, human resources management, community organization, social or health sciences, or related field is required; or related equivalent experience.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years related work experience in program management or related field is required. Experience with American Red Cross programs and services are desired.
Managerial Experience: A minimum of 3 years of successful supervisory experience is required.
Skills and Abilities: Requires strong computer skills. Public speaking skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing are required. Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in an individual or team environment. The ability to balance multiple priorities is essential. Familiarity with military culture, regulations and protocol is strongly desired.
Travel: Regional travel required; will require a valid Driver's license.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights