RN Evaluator-as needed 2 days per week
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The American Red Cross is the premier provider of Nurse Assistant Testing (CEP) and has evaluated individuals for work in the nursing field for over 100 years. The program is designed with input from educators, caregivers, and long-term industry representatives from across the United States.
We are currently seeking a part-time on call Nurse Evaluator in Worcester, MA. In this position you will be scheduled to work two days every week at the American Red Cross Chapter in Worcester.
Applicants must be a current Registered Nurse in MA.
Must have at least two years of nursing experience, as a Registered Nurse, with a minimum of one year in a long term care facility.
The Nurse Evaluator oversees the skills and written portions of the MA Competency Evaluation for nurse assistant candidates, and is responsible for evaluating candidate competency in accordance with state laws.
- Accurately evaluates nurse assistant candidate's performance using the format prescribed by the state of MA.
- Administers the MA Nurse Assistant Training Competency Exam
- Maintains confidentiality, test security, and quality assurance according to the state testing program's requirements.
- Completes and maintains confidential, accurate and complete records and reports as required by state and federal regulations and the American Red Cross policies.
- Professionally communicates with vendors, including confirmation of the test prior to the scheduled exam.
- Successfully manages operation of test site and maintains a cooperative working relationship with testing sites and staff to provide a comprehensive and safe testing environment for applicants.
- Responsible for efficient and effective use of all testing supplies, materials and equipment maintaining appropriate controls for loss reduction.
- Maintains the appearance of Regional Testing sites.
- Responsible for the delivery of completed exams to the Testing Office.
- Maintains a strictly professional relationship with testing sites, always protecting the integrity of the exam and the Nurse Evaluator position.
Additional skills and abilities needed:
- Nurse Evaluators must maintain a current active RN license without restriction or probation in MA.
- Must have the ability and willingness to represent the American Red Cross in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of federal and state requirements governing Certified Nurse Assistant training and testing.
- Professional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the state or vendor requirements related to documentation and report preparation.
- Proficiency in a variety of computer software, including scheduling software, Outlook and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Superior organizational, planning and problem solving skills. Ability to work independently.
- The ability to travel to multiple testing site locations.
- Must be able to work various hours, to include occasional evenings or weekends as needed.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, this position may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights