RN Blood Collection Specialist (Fixed Site)
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Accountable for the efficient set up, collection, labeling and shipping of Pheresis products in accordance with organizational policies and procedures. Performs all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, regulations outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and other applicable Federal, state and local laws.
* Set up and perform procedures according to protocol: machine set up; proper Quality Control and maintenance of equipment; Health History knowledge; and venipuncture.
* Prepare for distribution, any product obtained during pheresis including centrifugation technique, labeling and storage procedures, distribution requirement as to time and condition.
* Initiating and maintenance of all donor records accurately including understanding of pertinent laboratory data and statistics, recording of donor data into current donor records, maintenance of QC reports.
* Trains pheresis and other blood services personnel.
* Acting charge duties when necessary.
* Maintains on-going communication and knowledge in dealing with blood bank personnel with ordering of Pheresis products.
* Performs other duties as may be assigned, including canteen activities.
Responsible to Special Collections Supervisor, Special Collections Manager and ultimately Divisional Manager, Apheresis.
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and currently licensed as an R.N. by the State of Connecticut
* Minimum of one year of clinical (hospital experience)-recent critical care and venipuncture experience preferred.
* Flexible in time and task requirement. Works effectively and consistently while under stress. Maintains effective communication skills. Consistently performs in a competent, courteous and professional manner.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights