Registered Nurse Apheresis
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Are you looking to make a difference in the job you do? If so, we invite you to join us at the American Red Cross! Headquartered in Farmington, CT, we provide blood to hospitals across the entire state. We collect over 140,000 units of blood annually and the need grows!
The American Red Cross in Farmington, CT is seeking a Full Time Registered Nurse - For our Fixed Site Farmington Team
NEW GRADUATES ARE HIGHLY
ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Opportunities for Growth!!!
Roles and Responsibilities
• Set up and perform procedures according to protocol: machine set up; proper Quality Control and maintenance of equipment; Health History knowledge; and venipuncture
• Prepare for distribution, any product obtained during Apheresis including centrifugation technique, labeling and storage procedures, distribution requirement as to time and condition
• Initiating and maintenance of all donor records accurately including understanding of pertinent laboratory data and statistics, recording of donor data into current donor records, maintenance of QC reports
• Acting charge duties when necessary
• Maintains on-going communication and knowledge in dealing with blood bank personnel with ordering of Pheresis products
• Performs other duties as may be assigned, including canteen activities
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
• Currently licensed as an R.N. by the State of Connecticut
• Minimum of one year of clinical (hospital experience)-recent critical care and venipuncture experience preferred
• Flexible in time and task requirement
• Works effectively and consistently while under stress
• Maintains effective communication skills
• Consistently performs in a competent, courteous and professional manner
Why the American Red Cross
The American Red Cross Connecticut Blood Region is a nonprofit organization that offers employees growth and development; team spirit; a competitive salary; and a comprehensive benefits package.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights