Regional Philanthropy Officer III
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Do you want to make a difference? Join The American Red Cross, the world's largest humanitarian network. For over 100 years The American Red Cross has been a leader in the nonprofit world. In order to support our many humanitarian efforts, our organization depends heavily on the support of our generous donor population. We participate in many donor-focused fundraising activities including identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual donors and philanthropists, as well as corporate and foundation partners across the country. The funds we receive provide unrestricted support to our Chapters, helping us fulfill our mission to provide relief to victims of disaster and help people prevent, prepare and respond to emergencies in our communities.
The American Red Cross is seeking a Regional Philanthropy Officer III. You will also be responsible for meeting an annual revenue target by working with an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects to advance the mission of the organization and assist donors in creating meaning in their lives through giving to the American Red Cross. In conjunction with Chief Development Officer, you may lead the team in planning and implementing fundraising strategies. As required, you will serve as operational resource to less experienced team members to ensure consistent and effective implementation of donor development plans.
1. Strategy: Develops and executes ongoing strategy for qualifying donors to ensure retention, growth of donor contributions as well as recapture from previous donors.
2. Fundraising Targets and Portfolio Management: Manages an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects with intent to form deep relationships. Responsible for minimum annual fundraising goal tied to segmented or blended portfolio as specified in performance standards, including both renewable gifts and new incremental revenue. Develop donor management plans for entire portfolio resulting in strategic, knowledgeable and complex asks.
3. Prospect Development: Works with community Board members and other leadership volunteers to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward appropriate donors. Identifies potential planned giving prospects among assigned donors and partners with Region's assigned Gift Planning Officer to solicit those prospects. Updates donor records in region and/or district database and Salesforce.com following donor contacts.
4. Relationship Development: Develops ongoing relationships with major donors for the benefits of the American Red Cross.
5. It is the responsibility of all Red Cross staff members to recruit, train and work with volunteers and to treat all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintain a cooperative atmosphere for everyone.
6. Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the mission of the American Red Cross.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree highly desirable.
Experience: Minimum seven years sales and/or fundraising experience required. Proven experience in developing strategies for donor retention growth and recapture and proven success with complex requests is required.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences. Excellent verbal and written skills. Knowledge of office systems: MS-Office preferred and fundraising database systems (e.g., Raiser's Edge, Salesforce.com). A team player committed to developing and working within a collaborative environment and to ensuring the highest customer service orientation.
Travel: Requires frequent travel within the Region. The amount will vary depending upon size and geography of region. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions. A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements
May require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response
organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights