Quality Control Technologist I or II
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
***As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment.****
Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We provide almost half of the nation's blood supply, as well as humanitarian relief at home and abroad. We turn compassion into action through the care we provide our blood donors, and the spirit of service we share with our colleagues. Learn more about the life-saving impact our employees have in their communities in this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg3XJCA8RQ0
If you share our passion for helping people, then join us in this excellent career opportunity.
New York State Clinical Laboratory Technician or Clinical Laboratory Technologist license required.
SCHEDULE WILL BE EVENINGS AND OVERNIGHTS.
POSITION IS AVAILABLE FOR A $7,000 SIGN ON BONUS
1. Perform moderate to high complexity laboratory testing procedures. Manufacture blood products according to FDA, AABB, CLIA and Red Cross policies and procedures. Meet the quality and quantity production and testing goals established by the department. Ensure products are suitable for release for distribution. Appropriately manage any exceptions. Perform good inventory management practices throughout the manufacturing process. Prioritize workload to meet production and customer requirements.
2. Perform quality control on products, reagents, equipment, and various test kits. Perform and interpret various testing procedures on donor specimens, and blood products. Tracks the quantities and results of QC testing performed to meet ARC and regulatory requirements.
3. Operate, maintain, repair and perform validation and quality control checks on laboratory equipment, reagents and supplies to ensure the quality and accuracy of laboratory test procedures. Participate in the performance of qualifications and validations for collections equipment. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies.
4. Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated with component production, labeling and testing. Maintain accurate, legible and complete manufacturing department records. Maintain accurate electronic and physical inventory locations for products/samples. Perform review of manufacturing records. Participate in troubleshooting and problem-solving activities with cross-functional teams.
5. Analyze and make decisions based on visual inspection and information provided from other departments to meet time requirements and quality standards. Identify and quarantine products/samples that don't meet quality requirements.
6. Participate in QC staff training as needed.
Qualifications for Technologist I
Education: Associates degree in science required, MLT (ASCP) or MT(ASCP) certification preferred.
Experience: No additional experience required for MLT or MT degreed staff. Minimum 4 years related experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and related experience required for non-MLT/MT staff. Must meet state and CLIA requirements.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to use a wide variety of lab or medical equipment. Ability to use a personal computer and applicable software for sustained periods of time. Ability to work with a team.
Travel: Not required.
Qualifications for Technologist II
Education: Bachelor's degree in science, MT (ASCP) degree or equivalent certification preferred or Associated degree in science, (MLT) preferred.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of related experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and related experience required. Must meet State and CLIA requirements.
Management Experience: N/A
Skills/Abilities: Ability to use a wide variety of lab or medical equipment. Ability to use a personal computer and applicable software for sustained periods of time. Ability to work on a team
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights