Product Manager, RC Care (Salesforce) **virtual work location**
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work remotely and can be located anywhere in the United States.
For those candidates located in Colorado, the salary range for this position is: $115K+/-. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
RCCare is a Salesforce based platform with integrations to many third parties to assist the American Red Cross in providing timely, relevant, scalable services to our clients around the world. RCCare is a case management and client relationship management database with robust adaptability to tailor the user experience and services available based on the type of event and user created a guided, relevant experience to volunteers, clients, and employees who use the application 24/7. The RCCare system seeks to provide a personalized look and experience to each user and to help families through difficult life events in an intuitive way. The services, business units, and communities served will grow and adapt over time and the product needs to be constantly at the forefront anticipating evolving user and business needs.
The RCCare Team:
We are a blended business and technical team which operates like an internal start-up, focused on building solutions to drive forward the humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross focused on Client Services and Experience. As a member on the RCCare, you will be responsible for converting business concepts into the next generation of applications and tools, utilizing adaptive agile mythologies to deliver the minimal viable product to the business in record time. There is a lot of opportunity on this team for the right person to bring consistency, robustness, scalability, and vision. We are looking for clear minded visionaries to ensure a dependable and innovative user experience while keeping up with a large quantity of incoming business and market demands. We continue to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities, as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Lead to join our RCCareTeam.
The Product Manager is a critical member of the RC Care team and leads the technical and business resources in executing system solutions to meet the RC Care strategic plan. The Product Manager will oversee the full product cycle, from requirements to release, for new and continuously improved system functionality to meet the needs of internal workforce and external users of RC Care. The role will act as a central coordination point across concurrent projects, engaging multiple stakeholders and facilitating the consolidation and clarification of business needs, and supporting the technical team in communicating technical solutions to the business partners.
Serves as the primary technical expert for unit's business application(s) and interface with information technology. Ensures that information technology designs meet the needs of end users within an assigned unit. Develops system specifications and test procedures to ensure user requests are carried out. Manages department-level business technology projects, vendor(s) and 1 FTE.
• Provides leadership to ensure successful execution of broader system strategy and vision
• Manages the structure of system development epics, phase, and functions in accordance with business needs and priorities
• Converts business strategy into system design and functionality; ensures alignment between technical and business units on the strategy and solution proposals to achieve business strategy and requirements
• Advises business and project leadership on potential opportunities, challenges, and risks
• Facilitate the collection of business requirements from engaged stakeholders
• Supports the organization of user stories into epics, phases, and functions
• Gathers business feedback for incorporation into future development in collaboration with business leads
• Provides and supports clear communication of technical solutions to business partners
• Serves as a technical advisor and guide to new business stakeholders
• Coordinates with the Scrum Master and technical team to manage current and backlogged user stories
• Ensures business units are prepared for, and engaged in, UAT
• Anticipates UX/UI needs and oversees design resources as needed
• Monitors performance metrics and reviews system modification/change requests to ensure recommendations meet business units technology needs.
• Directs staff of technical experts for specific business application.
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
• Education: Bachelor's Degree
• Experience: 5 years of experience required
• Management Experience: 3 years of supervisory experience required.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Experience working with diverse communities of end users and business stakeholders
• Experience with system design and development processes
• Experience with Agile and waterfall development frameworks
• Proficient use of Microsoft applications (i.e., Outlook, Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint) and Jira
• Salesforce experience is a benefit since this is the system we are using; willingness to learn is essential
Coordination, Project Management, and Communication:
• Ability to coordinate tasks and deadlines across concurrent projects
• Independent and self-motivated with excellent communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience working with internal customers, management, and outside vendors
• Experience managing expectations and emerging issues
• Experience consolidating technical and business information for leadership presentations and reporting
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work Conditions: Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization that creates a culture of collaboration and team spirit. We offer our employee's a competitive salary, wide range of generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; 401K retirement plan with match; paid time off, holidays and floating holidays. Also, we encourage professional development and provide growth opportunities. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights