About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Job Title: Pick-Up Driver
Location: St Louis, MO (Lindell)
Help saves lives every day with a career at the American Red Cross!
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team!
At the American Red Cross, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission. When you join our Biomedical team, you can help save lives every day. You'll be part of a like-minded team that shares a passion for making a difference and a work environment that supports growing, learning and succeeding.
About this Role
As a Pick-Up Driver, you will drive vehicles to pick-up, deliver and properly store products and other lightweight materials in accordance with an assigned route or on an as needed basis. You will perform additional transport or loading duties to support Red Cross Biomedical Services.
- Drive vehicle to pick-up, deliver and properly store Red Cross products.
- Operate vehicle safely and within traffic laws. May require driving in inclement weather conditions.
- Follow an assigned route. Read and interpret maps and directions.
- May maintain logs and reports for daily runs.
- Maintain vehicle in a clean condition. May check fluid levels, and gas vehicle.
- May provide shipping and receiving support.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent and related experience required.
- Previous experience with a messenger service or trucking company desired.
- Must have valid driver's license and clean DMV record.
- Commercial Driver's License is preferred but not required.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights