About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
- Job Title: Collections Specialist I
- Location: Cleveland, OH-Warzel Donor Center ( 3636 Euclid Ave Cleveland, OH 44115-2528 )
- Pay Rate:Pay rate for internals will be variable per the Union pay grade they are at. Starting pay for an external hire will be $16.67/hour per the union contractual language with incremental increases after 90 days, 180 days, 270 days.
- Schedule:Working hours = 4 days per week x 10 hours, weekend rotations, holiday rotation. Opportunity for OT. Either Saturday or Sunday will be required, depending on business need.
- Teamsters 507 Union
Looking for a dynamic job opportunity that makes a difference? Consider a phlebotomy career at the American Red Cross.
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team!
At the American Red Cross, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission. When you join our Biomedical team, you can help save lives every day. You'll be part of a like-minded team that shares a passion for making a difference and a work environment that supports growing, learning and succeeding.
About this Role
As a Phlebotomist-Apheresis Technician with the American Red Cross you will work at our fixed sites using automated phlebotomy procedures. To prepare for the role, you'll receive 7 weeks paid training, which is a mix of classroom instruction and field practice.
• Balance production, donor care, and quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
• Take the time to personally connect with donors - listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
• Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
• Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors
• Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
• The aforementioned responsibilities of the Phlebotomist-Apheresis Technician describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
• Minimum one year of documented satisfactory performance in phlebotomy or equivalent position or equivalent experience is required.
• Customer service experience, effective verbal communication and public relations skills are required
• A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required
• Physical requirements may include the ability to lift, push or pull heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs, good manual dexterity, the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and adapt to long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights