Onsite Donor Center Coordinator
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
$500 Sign On Bonus!
Variable Scheduling - at least one weekend day per week is required. (This is not a remote opportunity)
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We provide almost half of the nation's blood supply, as well as humanitarian relief at home and abroad. We turn compassion into action through the care we provide our blood donors, and the spirit of service we share with our colleagues.
If you share our passion for helping people, then join us in this excellent career opportunity.
Click on the link to learn more about (Apheresis)platelets donations: https://youtu.be/BwjwbxbwN34
- Direct to donor recruitment using multiple channels to contact and schedule current platelet, plasma, and whole blood donors.
- Donor Center Coordinator will lead face to face interactions responding quickly to donor questions or issues in a professional manner.
- Develop a working knowledge of donor criteria to identify and convert right type donors based on inventory, product, and marketing initiatives.
- Follow standard recruitment practices to ensure maximum number of donations are scheduled each day, while upselling multiple future appointments at the fixed center.
- Maintain updated knowledge of all red cross initiatives to present to donors and local team to meet daily production standard.
- May assist local team in accurate record reviews, pulling and managing donor charts from regulated system, and managing donor flow to avoid errors and poor customer services.
- May lead in promoting community outreach within the geographical radius of donor center Perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum one year of telemarketing, sales, customer service or call center experience is required. Some college preferred.
- Variable schedule to include possible holidays, weekends, and evenings.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Computer experience, excellent customer service and problem-solving skills required.
- Willingness to work independently or as part of a team.
- Must be able to be managed remotely.
- Ability to communicate and interact with all kinds of people (both externally with donors, and internally with team members and other departments)
- Effective phone skills i.e., well spoken, excellent active listening skills
- Must be organized.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Outgoing, friendly, compassionate personality.
- Ability to meet and/or exceed assigned goals.
- Effective verbal and persuasive communication skills, the ability to work with potentially difficult customers, and work in a fast-paced environment is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights