Nurse Team Supervisor 2nd Shift
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Bring your leadership skills to a role that plays a direct part in our life-saving mission.
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team!
At the American Red Cross, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission. When you join our Biomedical team, you can help save lives every day. You'll be part of a like-minded team that shares a passion for making a difference and a work environment that supports growth, learning, and succeeding.
Plan and direct the work of a Donor and Client Support Center (DSCSC) Operations Team to ensure quality services in a timely and cost-effective manner. Hire, supervises, and evaluates staff. Maintain Blood Services records and systems by FDA, state, and federal regulations. Coordinates record requests for audits. May counsel donors or resolve issues with hospital customers and regions.
Coordinates and facilitate team meetings. Communicate process and workflow changes to the team. Provide information to staff as needed. Coach staff to ensure compliance, encourage improved performance and provide excellent customer service.
Shift: 2nd shift (3-11:30p.m.) Tuesday - Saturday
- Supervise staff including hiring, training, evaluation, and discipline to ensure a well-qualified team contributes to a smooth workflow, donor and client satisfaction, and operational success.
- Direct the workflow of the area to ensure tasks are completed accurately.
- Direct daily production operations and information requests to ensure a timely response.
- Resolve complex issues referred to by staff.
- Serve as a resource to staff in researching records, such as locating test results, blood donor records, donation histories, and final dispositions.
- Facilitate FDA and American Red Cross inspections through the completion of various research requests from other departments.
- Manage staff and take appropriate action to create a positive team environment.
- Work collaboratively with others to foster and maintain the highest standards of teamwork and customer satisfaction.
- Mitigate regulatory, donor, and recipient risks by ensuring the team meets all compliance guidelines and timelines.
- Implements solutions to ensure and improve quality.
- Ensures team knows who customers are and coaches to provide excellent customer service.
- Monitor telephone capacity and daily operation report.
- Take swift and long term actions to ensure adequate coverage on all shifts.
- Oversee investigation of discrepancies in donor records.
- Correct, update, and verify changes to ensure appropriate entry and confidential handling of data.
- Monitor security to ensure only authorized personnel has access to records.
- Ensure employee suggestions and concerns are provided to senior management and communicate management decisions to the team.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- A bachelor's degree in a health care field or equivalent directly related experience is required.
- Directly related experience is defined as recent, relevant, and direct experience in a hospital, laboratory, or blood banking operations.
- Minimum of three years directly relevant experience in a Blood Bank, laboratory, or Donor management function preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- The ability to read and write at the college level is essential.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office applications in a Windows environment is required.
As part of the world's largest humanitarian network, the American Red Cross places top priority on the health and safety of our employees, volunteers, blood donors, and those who receive our aid and services. Our commitment to public health is unwavering-both during the COVID-19 pandemic and year-round.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights