Molecular Lab Technologist (Lead)
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Use your passion for working in a lab to support our life-saving mission.
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team!
If you're looking to help save lives and contribute to the mission of one of the nation's most respected humanitarian organizations, consider a career in biomedical services at the American Red Cross. As a Red Cross employee, you'll have opportunities to grow your career and be recognized and rewarded for your efforts. Most importantly, you'll work alongside dedicated individuals like yourself who live the values of our organization every day. Join us for a career that will motivate you to be your very best.
The American Red Cross is proud to be one of the Top-Rated Workplaces: Best Non-Profits and Top-Rated Workplaces: Veterans based on rankings and reviews on Indeed.
Shift: 9:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Manage and prioritize daily workflow activities.
- Responsible for the supervision of the laboratory staff including workflow, training, coaching, and disciplining. Provides input into hiring decisions, and performance evaluations.
- Perform and interpret basic and complex testing procedures and complete required quality control, as appropriate to state and federal regulations.
- Recognize testing irregularities, identify the cause, determine the solution and resolve the problem. Assist lab assistants, technicians, and technologists in problem resolution.
- Consult and communicate with staff at other medical facilities, to resolve complex problems.
- Perform maintenance, repair, and validation of laboratory equipment and software maintenance.
- Perform duties associated with document development and management.
- Adhere to procedures and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Maintain, edit and review computer and manual records to assure accurate record keeping.
- Maintain accurate, legible, and complete records.
- Perform record review, training, competency assessments, and general oversight of daily activities.
- Bachelor's degree in biology or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a molecular setting.
- Knowledge of serology or blood banking preferred.
- Must know molecular biology and genetics.
- Must know test methods used in the laboratory.
- Effective communication/interpersonal skill and excellent
technical skills required.
- Must possess demonstrated teaching abilities and attention to detail.
As part of the world's largest humanitarian network, the American Red Cross places top priority on the health and safety of our employees, volunteers, blood donors, and those who receive our aid and services. Our commitment to public health is unwavering-both during the COVID-19 pandemic and year-round.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights