Liaison II, Business Applications * Work from home
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. At the American Red Cross, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
- The Business Applications Analyst serves as a functional user liaison for the organization's financial applications. Primary financial applications supported are Oracle EBS, Webi (Business Objects), Coupa, RDC and Concur Invoice
- Serves as point person between application development (IT), project management, engineering teams and end users.
- Serves as a front-line defense for problem solving and sees a problem through to resolution, working both internally and externally to obtain a possible solution.
- Serves as Tier 1 Support for all financial applications
- Serves as functional admin for financial systems that fall under Tier 1 Support
- Investigate issues in Oracle modules (such as Accounts Payable, Procurement, General Ledger and Account Receivables), RDC, Coupa and Concur Invoices as directed by management or senior analysts.
- Troubleshoot any issues to determine root cause of the problem and recommend a solution - within corporate guidelines.
- Participate in projects/initiatives on behalf of the user community and work with senior analysts to coordinate with IT and vendors in successful completion
- Provide support to end users by building, documenting, testing and presenting solution to business unit.
- Assist in training and design of procedures for new or revised business processes due to new functionality or updates to supported business systems
- Work across various lines of business throughout the organization to understand business process needs, document requirements and ensure customer's expectations are understood and met / exceeded as related to financial application performance.
- Performs application security / access profile audits.
- Produces data for analysis and decision making as required.
- Assist in upgrades and implementation of interfaces with Oracle database
- Willingness to evaluate financial systems and suggest clean up procedures.
- Support users in designing of Webi/Business Objects reports for their respective universe.
- Design, implement and maintain custom reports to ensure standard reporting procedures are aligned with business reporting requirements (example: Service Level Agreements, system performance, etc.).
- Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting, Information Systems or related field preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience
- Experience in one or a few of support application preferred (Oracle EBS R12, Concur, Coupa, RDC). Willing to train the right candidate.
- Critical thinking, root cause analysis, problem solving skills are necessary to be successful in this role.
- Must be able to work independently to evaluate and identify application problems as well as developing potential solutions.
- Visual Basic experience a plus but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, Access, InfoPath, and Sharepoint
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights