Lead Mobile Phlebotomist (Paid Training)
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Lead Mobile Phlebotomist
Location: Manhattan, KS
Union Pay: $18.26/hour excellent benefits, stipends, shift/weekend differentials
Schedule: Variable hours Monday - Friday with occasional Saturdays
Help saves lives every day with a phlebotomy career at the American Red Cross.
Lead Mobile Phlebotomist Job Summary
Conduct donor health history screening to determine eligibility and provide donor care during the collection of manual and automated blood units. Perform blood drive support functions as assigned. Demonstrate excellence in customer service and public relations to promote a positive, professional image of the American Red Cross Biomedical Services.
Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, Safety Quality Identity Potency Purity (SQUIPP), regulations outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other applicable Federal, state and local regulations.
Lead Mobile Phlebotomist Job Responsibilities
1. Comply with applicable Federal, State and local regulations as well as all American Red Cross policies, procedures and guidelines.
2. May perform any or all blood collection procedures (may include allogeneic, autologous, directed, therapeutic; automated red cell and platelet pheresis) donor collections. May performs all types of donor health history screening and eligibility procedures.
3. Perform drive set-up, donor greeting, labeling, processing and packing blood, donor reaction care and processing and packing of blood as assigned.
4. Perform daily function checks, assemble and maintain supplies and equipment to ensure a state of readiness and to maintain compliance.
5. Function with team effort to ensure efficient donation process focused on donor and sponsor expectations. Maintain positive public relations to promote a professional image.
6. May perform therapeutic apheresis according to established procedures and protocols as assigned.
7. May perform competency assessments.
8. May perform drive charge/team lead duties independently in the absence of a Team Supervisor when assigned.
9. May perform autologous/allogeneic mini operations independently.
10. May operate any ARC vehicle. Operate assigned vehicle according to applicable regulations. May perform vehicle checks and complete DOT paperwork per established protocol. Perform vehicle loading and unloading as assigned.
11. Complete required readings and training assignments by assigned deadline.
12. Perform other related duties as necessary.
Performs high level collections operational functions. May include drive charge/lead, therapeutic apheresis, single person operations, and primary trainer under the direction of a supervisor.
Must be able to work independently with attention to detail. Able to lead a team and correct any drive operational efficiencies. Apply good manufacturing practices to drive operations ensuring overall compliance.
Balance production, customer service and compliance on a day-to-day basis to ensure integrity of the product and optimum donor experience. As integral link between donors and ARCBS, portray a commitment to customer service by conveying and demonstrating a consistent style of professionalism.
Minimum one-year experience or documented satisfactory performance as a Phlebotomist is required. Customer service experience, effective verbal communication and public relations skills are required. Previous leadership experience is preferred. A current valid driver's license and good driving record are required. Basic computer skills desirable. Ability to do Overnight travel.
Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Physical requirements may include the ability to lift, push or pull heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs, good manual dexterity, the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and adapt to long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required.
STAFF COULD TRAVEL OVERNIGHT up to 4 nights per week. Hotel accommodations & meal stipends are provided; Red Cross vehicles are used for travel. Red Cross provides work schedules three weeks in advance, although changes may be necessary. Candidates must confirm availability for flexibility in scheduling and for overnight travel.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights