Individual and Foundation Giving Lead Specialist
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Join our team! As the Individual and Foundation Giving Lead Specialist, you will be responsible for helping to ensure strong donor retention and increase donor investment through the development and implementation of a strategic donor cultivation, retention and stewardship plan. Through best-in-class donor cultivation, engagement and stewardship; compelling written solicitations, proposals, reports and informational updates; as well as, execution of unique donor point-of-entry and recognition events, you will support the fundraising team in growing and deepening relationships with individual and foundation donors. This position will support the development team with written communication to donors, cultivation events, donor recognition activities and volunteer management.
1. Develops and Implements a comprehensive strategy to identify, cultivate and grow relationships with individual and foundation donors in support of our fundraising needs. Creates guidance, tools and resources to assess and enhance relationships.
2. Personally responsible for researching and writing proposals, creating donor stewardship reports and authoring a variety of donor communications. Conducts in-depth analysis and exploration in order to advise others regarding which individuals would be suitable to approach for the organization's funding need.
3. Supports the event planning, logistics and execution for donor cultivation and stewardship experiences for our donor giving societies including, but not limited to: the Tiffany Circle, Clara Barton Society, and Chairman's Council. Oversees benefit fulfillment for individual and foundation donor recognition programs.
4. Fulfills critical communications function during times of episodic disaster. Supports the team as needed in implementing our Disaster Fundraising Action Plan. Ensures appropriate stewardship of episodic disaster donations.
5. Works closely with colleagues to ensure that the team takes full advantage of programmatic funding, cultivation, stewardship and recognition opportunities. Provides strategic vision, tools, resources and training to help Red Cross fundraisers create and implement fundraising strategies.
Education: A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Communications, Business, Organizational Development or a relevant field.
Experience: A minimum of five years experience working for a nonprofit organization or in public relations, marketing, sales, communication or project management. Corporate fundraising or workplace giving experience preferred. Experience working with community foundations and the United Way preferred.
Management Experience: 2-4 years of management experience preferred. This position will not have direct reports, but manage department volunteers.
Skills and Abilities: Microsoft Office, Donor Management System (like Raiser's Edge or Team Approach) is highly preferred.
Other: Excellent written and oral communication skills, Including strong presentation skills. Excellent planning and organizational skills, including attention to detail and data management. Strong customer service orientation is necessary. Demonstrated ability to work well within a team. Demonstrated initiative and ability to handle deadlines, pressure and changing priorities with good judgment. Operational flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs, willingness to work outside standard established business hours.
Travel: Limited, less than 20% of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights