Grant Writer - Central and South Texas!
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Use your passion for to help others to Support our Life-Saving Mission!
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team!
Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world?
If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to become a Grant Writer for the American Red Cross in the Austin and South Texas region!
You will be responsible for researching, writing, developing, and implementing the strategy to increase revenue through workplace giving campaigns and grant proposals. Enhances relationships with foundations and government agencies in support of funding needs. You will also work with Executives Directors in both the Central and South Texas and Louisiana.
1. Provides strategic vision, tools, resources, and training to help Red Cross fundraisers create fundraising strategies.
2. Works closely with colleagues to ensure that the organization takes full advantage of programmatic funding opportunities.
3. Implements and creates best practices on workplace giving for United Way and other foundations.
4. Conducts in-depth analysis and exploration in order to advise others regarding which foundations, agencies or corporations would be suitable to approach for the organization's funding needs. You will be personally responsible for researching and writing grants.
5. Identifies, pursues, cultivates, and enhances relationships with foundations and government agencies in support of funding needs. Creates guidance, tools, and resources to assess relationships.
6. Negotiates contracts with foundations and corporations, seeking alternative sources of funding from community partnerships to increase revenue stream.
7. Provides guidance and leadership to streamline the grant process and increase support
8. Provides guidance and leadership to Community Execs and Regional CEO in their foundation relationships as they transition to other funding models as desired.
9. Will hold a portfolio of about 100 foundations and will have an annual fundraising budget
Education: A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Communications, Business, Organizational Development or a relevant field.
Experience: A minimum of five years' experience working for a nonprofit organization or in public relations, marketing, sales, communication or project management. Corporate fundraising or workplace giving experience preferred. Experience working with community foundations and the United Way preferred.
Management Experience: 2-4 years of management experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Microsoft Office, Donor Management System (like Raiser's Edge or Team Approach) is highly preferred.
Other: Excellent written and oral communication skills, Including strong presentation skills. Excellent planning and organizational skills, including attention to detail and data management. Strong customer service orientation is necessary. Demonstrated ability to work well within a team.
Compensation - The position is offered with a base salary only (around $50-52K). This a full-time role with a full-time benefit package as well.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights