Fundraising Events Specialist
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The American Red Cross is seeking an Event Specialist who will be responsible for the success of Chapter fundraising events. You will plan, coordinate and implement events in collaboration with staff and volunteer leadership. Our events are designed to raise funds for and promote community awareness of Red Cross services. You will also develop and execute plans to identify, cultivate, solicit and recognize event underwriters/sponsors and other event participants and provision of staff support for relevant committees. This is a non-exempt position and will work with our fundraising team.
1. Research and donor development: Researches, identifies, cultivates and solicits new and existing donors for monetary and/or in-kind gifts to support chapter special events. Recognizes potential for increased donor involvement and capitalizes on opportunities to grow existing relationships. Identifies event sponsors for potential enhanced or increased partnership opportunities with the chapter.
2. Relationship development: Develops effective working relationships with donors, volunteers, government and foundation representatives to nurture their connections to ARC. May oversee collaboration with internal communications and marketing groups for strategies and materials.
3. Provides leadership and guidance to assigned event chairs and committees. Directs the activities of and serves as the primary staff liaison to the volunteer committees for assigned chapter special events.
4. Event planning project development: Creates and collaborates with other development staff on special events project plans & participates in budget development. Monitors event outcomes including revenue and expenses and results in order to increase special event program growth. Manages implementation, and production of all fundraising events including vendor relationships, budgets, and event logistics.
5. Events Material Development: Collaborates with Communications and Marketing to develop materials related to events including media releases and photo sessions. Also handles interviews.
6. Provides volunteer or staff work direction: Directs the work of development volunteers or staff regarding administrative support duties including recording and tracking donor invoices, acknowledgement correspondence, mass mailings, thank you letters, support at the event, etc.
Education: Bachelor's degree or combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of proven experience and documented success in events planning and/or management.
Management Experience: Prefer minimum 6 months of supervisory experience.(manage volunteers)
Skills and Abilities: Leadership ability with exemplary interpersonal, verbal, listening and written communication skills. Partners internally and externally with others to develop the organization; open, friendly and comfortable with diverse groups; networks effectively and establishes long-term relationships with the community.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights