Fleet Coordinator I
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. At the American Red Cross, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
We are seeking a Full Time Fleet Coordinator to support the Missoour regional offices. This position can be located in either Kansas City, MO, Springfield, MO or Little Rock, AR. The Fleet Coordinator will provide customer service for Regional Fleet Management. Assist with the management of fleet operation for the Region. Responsible for assisting with motor vehicle registrations, operational and organizational maintenance, vehicle emergency safety equipment, issue, use, and inventory. Assist with ensuring that vehicles are maintained to maximum life expectancy and efficiency. Provide support, development and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers.
- Assist as required with emergency situations that involve vehicle breakdowns and repairs of fleet assets.
- Maintain DOT vehicle maintenance and required inspections in accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and ARC directives. Assist with the scheduling of vehicle maintenance and ensure accuracy of vehicle assignment, dates and times. Coordinate fleet repairs with Regional Departments and Districts and that work is completed in a timely manner. May renew vehicle insurance cards and ensure that vehicles requiring County emission tests are completed on time. Ensure that all vehicle decals and licensing remain current.
- Assist as warranted in covering blood drives during emergency situations. Ensure that Mobile Unit vehicle assignments are adequate for blood drive coverage relative to out of service units.
- Ensure the accuracy of the fleet database.
- May assist with the periodic movement of vehicles within the region.
- Education: High School or equivalent required. Must meet DOT Physical Qualifications and Examinations. Must possess valid Class A-CDL. Must have ability to perform DOT road-tests.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience required. Public health or blood banking experience in a highly regulated setting preferred.
- Management Experience: N/A
- Skills & Abilities: Ability to work independently. Excellent organizational skills. Effective oral and written communication and interpretation skills. Good interpersonal skills to work with multiple levels of staff and management. General knowledge of computer programs. Must be able to periodically travel to move fleet, perform fleet inspections, or other fleet related tasks. May have on-call duties. Ability to work on a team.
- Travel: Must be able to drive throughout the region.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization that creates a culture of collaboration and team spirit. We offer our employee's a competitive salary, wide range of generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; 401K retirement plan with match; paid time off, holidays and floating holidays. Also, we encourage professional development and provide growth opportunities. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights