Field Office Coordinator
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The American Red Cross Services to the Armed Forces (SAF) mission is to provide care and comfort to the members of the United States Armed Forces and their families. It is the impetus for the establishment of the American Red Cross (ARC). SAF at the Red Cross is a mixture of both tradition and innovation. ARC continues to provide traditional support to military families; serve in military and veterans hospitals, and conduct emergency communication. But, we also continually adapt our traditional services and create new programs to meet the needs of today's military member, veterans and their families.
We are currently looking for a full-time Field Office Coordinator (FOC) in Kadena, Japan. The FOC assists in the delivery of American Red Cross services to members of the military and their families assigned to all branches of the military based at Kadena Airbase, Torii Station and Command Fleet Activities in Okinawa, while also providing supervision to assigned volunteers.
The FOC represents the organization with the military command and adheres to military regulations and authority based in Kadena. Applicants must have U.S. work eligibility, a valid SSN, current residence in Japan, and an active SOFA status in Japan. Applicants who do not meet all four (4) of these requirements will not be considered. (SOFA Status is an agreement between a host country and a foreign nation stationing forces in that country. SOFAs are often included, along with other types of military agreements, as part of a comprehensive security arrangement. A SOFA does not constitute a security arrangement; it establishes the rights and privileges of foreign personnel present in a host country in support of the larger security arrangement.)
- Represents the American Red Cross and promote its programs and services for Kadena Air Base by ensuring effective working relationships with the military community.
- Assists in the supervision of volunteer staff and management of all related human resource functions, including recruitment, training, utilization, evaluation and recognition; helps ensure volunteer staff ratio reflects the diversity of the population being served.
- Performs financial and administrative functions as required in accordance with American Red Cross policies and procedures.
- Assists in the coordination of services to military treatment facilities through rehabilitation programs, material assistance, and morale items and support.
- Provides community outreach (primarily education briefings).
- Provides emergency communications services between military personnel and their families, including information and referral; and other related services.
- Supports the delivery of health and safety services training, disaster preparedness and response training.
- Supports local training exercises on the installation, and participate on a regular basis in individual training preparedness exercises.
- Associate degree in social or health sciences, personnel administration, community organization, business or public administration or related field; or relevant equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three years' related experience in social or health sciences, personnel administration, community organization, business or public administration, military or veterans support functions, or related field is required.
- Applicants must have strong computer skills to include use of Internet/Intranet, word-processing, database management and/or spreadsheet applications.
- Public speaking skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and familiarity with military culture and/or Red Cross programs and services are strongly desired.
- The ability to balance multiple priorities is essential.
- Work is performed in a normal office environment located on a military installation.
- Job seekers must meet security background check requirements for access to installation's computer network.
- Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden, unpredictable business needs.
- Applicants must have SOFA status. U.S. citizens under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for employment under the Status of Forces.
- U.S. eligibility and a valid SSN (Social-Security-Number).
- Must currently reside in Japan
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights