About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
***As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment.****
Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!
Use your customer service skills to further your phlebotomy career while saving lives at the American Red Cross. Join our Apheresis donation team today!
Join the Red Cross Apheresis Donation Team!
The American Red Cross requires all new hires be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of their employment OR have begun the vaccination process prior to their start date. Upon being offered a position, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation and your request must be approved prior to hire.
Collection Specialist I
Schedule includes Saturday and Sunday
If you're looking to gain new skills, help save lives and contribute to the mission of one of the nation's most respected humanitarian organizations, consider a career move to automated blood collection at our Fixed Site in Cary, NC. As a Red Cross employee, you'll have opportunities to grow your career and be recognized and rewarded for your efforts. Most importantly, you'll work alongside dedicated individuals like yourself who live the values of our organization every day. Join us for a career that helps saves lives every day.
The American Red Cross is proud to be one of the Top-Rated Workplaces: Best Non-Profits and Top-Rated Workplaces: Veterans based on rankings and reviews on Indeed.
- Be the face of the American Red Cross to our blood donors
- Be a supportive member of your team, working together to fulfill our mission.
- Provide a top-notch donation experience
- Perform venipunctures working with automated blood collection and platelet donors
To find out more about the role of platelet donation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwjwbxbwN34 & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usY3wkwyYkg
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
- Minimum one year of documented satisfactory performance in Collections Technician II or Collection Technician III position or equivalent experience (FOR INTERNAL POSTING ONLY)
- Customer service experience, effective verbal communication, and public relations skills are required
- Valid Driver's License and excellent driving record required
- Medical assistant or phlebotomy training strongly preferred
- Basic computer skills are desirable
- Physical requirements may include the ability to lift, push or pull heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs, good manual dexterity, the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and adapt to long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required.
- Balance production, donor care and quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
- Take the time to personally connect with donors - listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
- Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
- Be willing to give 100% while you're there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights