About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Looking for a dynamic job opportunity that makes a difference? Consider a phlebotomy career at the American Red Cross.
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team!
If you're looking to gain new skills, help save lives and contribute to the mission of one of the nation's most respected humanitarian organizations, consider a career in biomedical services at the American Red Cross. As a Red Cross employee, you'll have opportunities to grow your career and be recognized and rewarded for your efforts. Most importantly, you'll work alongside dedicated individuals like yourself who live the values of our organization every day. Join us for a career that makes a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is proud to be one of the Top-Rated Workplaces: Best Non-Profits and Top-Rated Workplaces: Veterans based on rankings and reviews on Indeed.
As a Phlebotomist-Apheresis Technician with the American Red Cross you will work at our fixed sites using automated phlebotomy procedures. To prepare for the role, you'll receive paid training, which is a mix of classroom instruction and field practice.
- Balance production, donor care, and quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
- Take the time to personally connect with donors - listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
- Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
- Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors
- Take care of your team members - show up for every shift and give 100% while you're there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
- The aforementioned responsibilities of the Phlebotomist-Apheresis Technician describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
- Minimum one year of documented satisfactory performance in phlebotomy or equivalent position or equivalent experience is required.
- Customer service experience, effective verbal communication and public relations skills are required
- Medical assistant or phlebotomy training preferred but not required
- A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required
- Basic computer skills are desirable
- Physical requirements may include the ability to lift, push or pull heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs, good manual dexterity, the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and adapt to long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights