Entry Level Phlebotomist
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to become a Phlebotomist/Mobile Driver for the American Red Cross! No Phlebotomy experience is required!
From transporting and setting up blood collection equipment at work sites, to drawing blood from donors, as a Phlebotomist/Driver with the American Red Cross you will work all aspects of blood drives at schools, offices & churches throughout Evansville, IN and the surrounding areas. No experience necessary-our paid training is a mix of classroom instruction and field practice.
To learn more about this role, watch this short video: A life-saving mission. A life-changing career. Join us.
- Competitive pay dependent upon experience
- FULL TIME
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We provide almost half of the nation's blood supply, as well as humanitarian relief at home and abroad. Our focus is to provide compassionate patient and family-centered care both internally and externally with every person we encounter. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
Phlebotomist/Mobile Driver Job Responsibilities
- Balance production, donor care & quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
- Take the time to personally connect with donors - listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
- Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
- Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors.
- Take care of your team members - show up for every shift and give 100% while you're there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion.
The responsibilities of the Phlebotomist/Mobile Driver describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
Phlebotomist/Mobile Driver Job Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Flexibility to work long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required.
- Customer service experience, effective verbal communication, and public relations skills are required.
- Experience driving large vehicles strongly preferred.
- Ability to load, drive and unload vehicles with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Medical assistant or phlebotomy training preferred but not required.
- A current, valid driver's license and good driving record is required
- Basic computer skills are desirable.
- DOT certification may be required in some locations. If required, must pass applicable DOT physical and related requirements and be able to possess or obtain a medical certification of at least one-year duration.
- Physical requirements may include the ability to lift-up to 50 lbs., occasionally physically assisting donors experiencing an adverse reaction, as well as pushing or pulling heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs (potentially up to 250 lbs in weight and with up to 75-degree angles). Physical requirements may be performed in adverse weather conditions.
- All staff work as a team to setup and tear down the equipment required to conduct a mobile blood drive. This involves loading/unloading of vehicles, pushing carts up to 250 lbs, setting up beds and handling many totes containing equipment and snacks for the donors.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights