Donor & Client Support Specialist, 2nd Shift
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Bring your customer service skills to a role that plays a direct part in our life-saving mission.
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team!
At the American Red Cross, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission. When you join our Biomedical team, you can help save lives every day. You'll be part of a like-minded team that shares a passion for making a difference and a work environment that supports growth, learning, and succeeding.
Identify, investigate, and retrieve suspect products, donor deferrals, abnormal or unexpected test results, manufacturing issues, and notifications from other sources. Gain control of suspect products when indicated. Advise regions, consignees, and others to control suspect products using computer notifications, inventory systems, and telephone and e-mail systems. Respond to requests from regions and hospitals concerning bacterial contamination of components.
Maintain Blood Services records under ARCBS directives and FDA, state, and federal regulations. Researches donor records to retrieve the requested information. Work in a collaborative team environment to meet operational objectives while advancing donor and recipient safety.
Shift:2nd Shift Tuesday-Saturday 3p-11:30P
- Associate Degree or equivalent combination of related education and experience required.
- A bachelor's degree in a science or health care field is preferred.
- Minimum one year of related experience in blood banking, laboratory testing, medical records, auditing, or quality review is preferred.
- The ability to read, write, and verbally communicate at the high school to the college level is required.
- Intermediate to advanced level computer skills with Microsoft Office applications in a Windows environment is required.
- Identify, control, and retrieve suspect products (includes gaining control, product retrieval, consignee notification, tracking responses from consignees, case review, and managing cases through to closure).
- Communicate with hospitals and blood services field regions to perform the retrieval of suspect products.
- Answers donor eligibility questions and product or donor concerns from Collections staff, donors, or consignees.
- Reviews donor deferral records to identify suspect products.
- Ensures timely management of product level investigation under ARC inventory.
- Ensure notification for biologic product deviations and FDA notifications occur timely.
- May investigate discrepancies in donor records.
- May correct, update and verify changes to ensure appropriate entry.
- Performs retrieval activities related to product complaints including bacterial detection cases.
- May assist with donor reentry and reinstatement.
- Perform other related duties as necessary to maintain the team workflow.
As part of the world's largest humanitarian network, the American Red Cross places top priority on the health and safety of our employees, volunteers, blood donors, and those who receive our aid and services. Our commitment to public health is unwavering-both during the COVID-19 pandemic and year-round.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights