Director of Strategic Procurement for Telecom, InfoSec & IT Engineering (work from home)
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work remotely and can be located anywhere in the United States, with a preference for candidates in Eastern and Central time zones. Standard work hours are east coast times.
The American Red Cross (ARC) spends ~$2 billion annually on goods and services. Of this amount, $1.2 billion is spent on goods and services that should be strategically sourced (sourceable), including regulated and non-regulated materials, supplies, facilities and equipment maintenance, consulting, and IT hardware and software. The $0.8 billion in spend that is not strategically sourced consists of payments to government agencies, grant recipients, inter-Red Cross transfers, and payroll and employee benefits. Of the $1.2B that is sourceable, nearly $150M in spend each year on IT good and services.
Supply Management at the Red Cross is undergoing a transformation with the objective of becoming a top performing function when compared to the outside market. As a part of this transformation, a group of IT Business professionals moved from the IT organization to Supply Management. The personnel that moved have been performing work that is typically associated with strategic and operational procurement. To help ensure Supply Management continues to meet the needs of its Red Cross IT and business unit clients, we are seeking an IT-knowledgeable, procurement professional to support the Sr. Director of IT Strategic Procurement in managing Telecom, InfoSec and IT Engineering categories.
Key Objectives for the Director of Strategic Procurement - Telecom, InfoSec and IT Engineering
- Provide Supply Management and IT procurement support to Telecom, Information Security, IT Engineering, and other clients assigned by the Senior Director, operating independently and with a high level of expertise.
- Provide hands-on leadership for negotiating and executing agreements and statements of work in support of Telecom, Call Center, InfoSec and IT Engineering procurement demands.
- Manage the TEM provider and a team of 1-2 professionals that provide Supply Management support for Telecom request management and Telecom or Call Center-related services and products.
- Create and execute staff development plans in conjunction with Strategic Procurement leadership.
- Be a nimble and flexible leader that demonstrates the ability to adjust and lead through changing work demands.
Job Description/Qualifications Summary
The Director of Strategic Procurement - Telecom, InfoSec and IT Engineering has Telecom, IT and Supply Management (SM) experience and leadership skills required to drive decisions, influence change and facilitate executive level discussions. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in: supply management and/or preferably, Telecom industry roles, IT engineering or business roles; demonstrated leadership; proven skills in managing business clients supported by the IT function; perform activities independently; and possess substantial knowledge of IT-related suppliers, industry norms and IT subject matters.
The Director of Strategic Procurement (Telecom, InfoSec and IT Engineering) will have a variety of accountabilities and responsibilities, some of which will be achieved through influence. Examples include:
- Work with the Sr. Director of IT Strategic Procurement to ensure demands and priorities are synchronized with expectations of IT and Supply Management leadership.
- Supervise, mentor and support assigned SM Technology Team staff to ensure they are performing their responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
- Lead Telecom Category Management to include Telecom, wireless and call center suppliers, Telecom expense management (in conjunction with TEM provider), and Telecom request management (orders, disconnects, changes).
- Lead Engineering, Data Center and Network Category Management to include Microsoft Azure and AWS cloud services, colocation providers and network equipment providers.
- Lead Information Security Category Management in collaboration with the CISO, to include acquisition management of IDS/IPS, EDR, and SIEM providers, security managed services, cloud providers and consulting services.
- Participate in Supply Management processes, to include the Stakeholder Advisory Board, Risk Council, and P&L Improvement tracking.
- Develop and implement strategies that will optimize sourcing, contracting, year-over-year spend and use of the Coupa platform.
- Work with project teams to contribute to business cases, estimate third-party costs, and plan and facilitate solution procurements.
- Work with internal partners such as General Counsel, Enterprise Risk and Information Security to assess, negotiate and execute master agreements.
- Work with Red Cross clients and suppliers to author and negotiate statements of work and ordering documents, with the goal of supporting optimal outcomes for project investments.
- Manage an assigned portfolio of clients and suppliers to understand procurement demands, oversee renewals, and perform the role of procurement for contract change control.
- Provide hands-on assistance in performing the business of IT Strategic Procurement and contribute to performance and cost saving goals.
- Bachelor's degree in related disciplines such as Finance, Supply Management, Economics, Computer Science or Information Systems.
- 10+ years of professional experience, to include Supply Management, Procurement, Telecom industry, IT Engineering, or IT Business Office roles responsible for supplier or category management.
- 5+ years of experience as a supervisor of personnel.
- Information Technology experience overseeing Telecom, InfoSec, Network and Data Center services and suppliers.
- Strong working knowledge of the IT marketplace, terminology and industry norms.
- Experience with software license, SaaS, IaaS, cloud and service provider agreements.
- Adept negotiation skills in pay for performance and shared risk allocation in agreements.
- Strong problem-solving, collaboration and influence skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional business meetings, develop and deliver clear presentations and communicate with stakeholders.
- Solid business acumen coupled with understanding of business structures, processes, and information flow in an organization with multiple lines of business.
- Use of Red Cross Supply Management tools such as Coupa.
- 15+ years of combined experience in both Supply Management and IT professions.
- Experience with major suppliers such as Avaya, Verizon, AWS, Microsoft and data center providers.
- Experience authoring and contracting professional services statements of work.
- Experience with pre-paid accounting, subscriptions and software maintenance.
- Experience with large non-profits, humanitarian services, or biomedical industries.
For those candidates located in Colorado, the salary range for this position is: $130K+/-. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization that creates a culture of collaboration and team spirit. We offer our employee's a competitive salary, wide range of generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; 401K retirement plan with match; paid time off, holidays and floating holidays. Also, we encourage professional development and provide growth opportunities. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights