Courier (30 Hours)
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Courier Job Summary
Are you seeking a part-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to become a Courier for the American Red Cross!
Hours: Part-time (30 hours per week); ability to work as needed 7 days a week (will know schedule 1 month in advance); start time may be as early as 6:00 AM, late as 6:00 PM
Pay Rate: $11.00 hourly plus shift differential
Couriers provide for the delivery and return of blood products and materials to internal and external customers. Comply with safety policies and procedures in the work area and use applicable protective equipment at all times to prevent exposure to potentially infectious blood and body fluids.
Courier - Responsibilities
- Operate vehicle for the delivery of blood products and materials. Operate vehicle safely and within traffic laws. May require driving in inclement weather conditions.
- Prepare for deliveries by verifying orders, loading vehicles and maintaining route supply inventory to ensure prompt delivery of products to customers.
- Document temporary storage and transportation of blood, blood products and materials as required by internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Perform routine checks of product storage temperatures and maintenance of temperature controlled units at off-site storage locations.
- Provide customer service by giving basic information and interacting in a positive proactive manner with hospital employees.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- The responsibilities of the Courier describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- No minimum work experience required.
- Previous experience with a messenger service or trucking company desired.
- Must have valid driver's license and clean DMV record.
- Legible penmanship and ability to read and write at high school level is required.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights