Clinical Services Nurse Specialist (RN)
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team!
If you're looking to help save lives and contribute to the mission of one of the nation's most respected humanitarian organizations, consider a career in biomedical services at the American Red Cross. As a Red Cross employee, you'll have opportunities to grow your career and be recognized and rewarded for your efforts. Most importantly, you'll work alongside dedicated individuals like yourself who live the values of our organization every day. Join us for a career that will motivate you to be your very best.
The American Red Cross is proud to be one of the Top-Rated Workplaces: Best Non-Profits and Top-Rated Workplaces: Veterans based on rankings and reviews on Indeed.
As a Clinical Service Nurse Specialist, you can expect to perform clinical apheresis procedures. These procedures may include, but are not limited to, plasma exchanges, red cell exchanges, platelet and white cell reductions, photo pheresis and hematopoietic progenitor cell collections. Demonstrate excellence in customer service and public relations to promote a positive professional image of the American Red Cross. Works independently with attention to detail and possesses the necessary knowledge of all aspects of daily operations. Provide support, development and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers.
- Perform all phases of therapeutic apheresis procedures, ensuring safe and appropriate care of patient.
- Assess patient status relative to therapeutic apheresis, prior and during procedures, utilizing nursing process.
- Patient assessment to include laboratory testing results and other clinically significant procedures.
- Coordinate closely with physicians and nurses at a variety of hospitals to arrange therapeutic apheresis treatments and facilitate coordinated care. Evaluate patient medication for compatibility and safety of apheresis procedure and determine when to contact the physician.
Travel area may include: Douglasville /Atlanta
- Registered Nurse with current state licensure as required.
- A minimum of two years' experience in medical/surgical or critical care nursing, or related experience, is preferred.
- Previous apheresis or dialysis experience is preferred.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Good vein selection and venipuncture skills are essential.
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively discuss procedures and medical issues with patients, families, and physicians.
- Customer service experience, effective verbal communication and public relation skills are preferred.
- A current valid driver's license and good driving record are required.
$5000- Sign-On Bonus
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights