Call Center Blood Scheduler
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Bring your call center customer skills to a role that plays a direct part in our life-saving mission.
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team!
At the American Red Cross, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission. When you join our Biomedical team, you can help save lives every day. You'll be part of a like-minded team that shares a passion for making a difference and a work environment that supports growth, learning, and succeeding.
As part of the world's largest humanitarian network, the American Red Cross places top priority on the health and safety of our employees, volunteers, blood donors, and those who receive our aid and services. Our commitment to public health is unwavering-both during the COVID-19 pandemic and year-round.
If you share our passion for helping people, then join us in this excellent career opportunity.
Click on the link to learn more about (Apheresis)platelets donations: https://youtu.be/BwjwbxbwN34
Recruit prospective blood donors from a variety of sources by phoning individuals to make donation appointments. Contact active, lapsed and occasional apheresis and/or whole blood donors to increase the frequency of donations and increase the number of donors at fixed sites or mobile unit blood drives to meet the collections goals. Positively impact the quality of service to donors and groups, increasing the availability of blood products. Coordinate reminder calls, follow-up, logging of data, maintenance of records, and special projects to achieve established goals. Provides support, development, and/or leadership guidance to volunteers.
- Contact by telephone current apheresis and/or whole blood donors to recruit for donation. Schedule appointments to ensure the maximum number of donors are scheduled each day.
- Follow a process and appropriate scripting for conducting a call with a donor, to ensure a consistent donor experience.
- Maintain daily production standards, including phone calls and appointments per hour, to meet established collection goals.
- Develop a working knowledge of donor criteria to inform donors of eligibility and reduce deferral rates.
- Maintain accurate records of donors/groups contacted and appointments scheduled to avoid errors, poor customer relations and to ensure sufficient donor availability.
- May work collaboratively with the fixed site recruitment manager to develop new leads and implement new donor recruitment programs to ensure an increased donor base and an adequate blood supply.
- High School or equivalent required.
- Up to one-year related experience.
- Telephone and customer service or telemarketing experience is required.
- Computer experience, excellent customer service, and problem-solving skills are required.
- Effective verbal communication skills, the ability to work with potentially difficult customers, and work in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Ability to work on a team.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights