Business Operations Specialist
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. At the American Red Cross, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
We are seeking a Full Time Business Operations Specialist to support our Seattle, WA office. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer or the Chief Administrative Officer, the Business Operations Specialist supervises the daily operation of support services and business office operations for regional administrative functions. This includes supervision of volunteers who will handle daily transactional responsibilities. Oversees budget monitoring, daily finance transactions, local vendor relationships, facilities management, fleet management, HR, IT, and records/reports. Establishes work procedures and standards to improve efficiency and effectiveness of assigned operations. Is the lead system trainer for software business applications. Provides COO/CAO operations management for the Region in the absence of the COO/CAO.
- Volunteer Supervision and Coordination: Provides direction and training to volunteers to handle the administrative transactions necessary for the business, ensuring that their efforts are well-coordinated with the strategic business goals. Evaluates volunteer performance. Plans work schedules, assigns or delegates work daily.
- Fleet Management Support: Analyzes fleet inventory records to ensure proper utilization and efficiency. Ensures appropriate and timely maintenance. Manages and trains volunteers regarding the filing and maintenance of insurance claims and follow up with estimates/repairs. Is liaison with Fleet Management in other sectors.
- Safety Support: Provides oversight of regional safety provisions, including (but not limited to) up-to-date first aid supplies in all locations, emergency roadside equipment in all company vehicles, certification and maintenance of fire safety protocols and devices (fire alarms, fire extinguishers, etc), Automated External Defibrillators in company facilities. Arranges and coordinates staff safety trainings and exercises (drills) in regional sites.
- Events: Participates in planning events meetings. Trains volunteers to prepare insurance certificate applications, financial collection processes, and appropriate forms and codes used for regulated items including alcohol.
- Education: Associate's degree in Accounting, Business or Public Administration required. Applicable experience may be applied towards education requirement but must be in addition to years experience required below.
- Experience: Minimum 4 years' financial or facilities business operations/administrative experience in community organizations, government agencies, non-profit organizations or business. Experience working effectively with volunteers and board members. Experience in coordinating finance and administrative functions including information systems and facilities.
- A Bachelor's degree combined with 2 years related experience may substitute for the years of education/experience indicated previously.
- Management Experience: Prefer minimum 6 months experience supervising employees or volunteers.
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work to maximize team performance and meet customer expectations. Excellent organizational skills and ability to work with attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain collaborative work relationships within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Other: Proficient with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Strong knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws.
- Travel: Travel is required throughout the Region. Some out-of-region travel may also be required.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization that creates a culture of collaboration and team spirit. We offer our employee's a competitive salary, wide range of generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; 401K retirement plan with match; paid time off, holidays and floating holidays. Also, we encourage professional development and provide growth opportunities. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights