Business Operations Coordinator
About the Job
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. At the American Red Cross, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
We are seeking a Full Time Business Operations Coordinator to support our Seattle, WA office. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer or the Chief Administrative Officer, the Business Operations Coordinator provides transactional support for the finance, operational and administrative functions of the Region, including budget monitoring, daily finance transactions, local vendor relationships, facilities management, fleet management, HR, IT, and records/reports. Is the lead system user/trainer for software business applications. Provides operations backup support for the Region in the absence of the COO/CAO.
- Volunteer Coordination: Oversee the recruitment and engagement of volunteers throughout the region to assist with departmental work including fleet and facilities maintenance tasks and clerical/administrative tasks.
- Financial Administrative Support: Provides administrative budget support including expense coding; financial report dissemination, initiating, monitoring and approving regional procurement transactions, collaborates with department leaders to ensure that programs are executed within budget. Ensures location processes are established and functioning for all cash and card transactions. Supports department directors with analytics for monthly forecasting of expenses.
- Lead System User/Trainer for Business Applications and IT Services: Utilizes appropriate systems and trains staff in their use. Troubleshoots phone and computer issues for Region. Reviews and assists with tech services requests.
- Events: Participates in planning events meetings. Maintains insurance certificate applications, financial collection processes, and appropriate forms and codes used for regulated items including alcohol.
- Reports/Data Information: Provides guidance and data for grant reporting. Prepares various internal reports. Responds to internal/external requests for information and/or documentation. Acts as Region point of contact for FOCIS information.
- Operations SOPs: Develops, maintains and distributes a regional SOP Manual. Provides training to ensure consistent processes/procedures related to operations functions throughout the Region.
- Education: Associate's degree in Accounting, Business or Public Administration required. Applicable experience may be applied towards education requirement but must be in addition to years experience required below.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years' financial or facilities administrative support experience in community organizations, government agencies, non-profit organizations or business. Experience working effectively with volunteers and board members. Experience in coordinating finance and administrative functions including information systems and facilities.
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work to maximize team performance and meet customer expectations. Excellent organizational skills and ability to work with attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain collaborative work relationships within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Other: Proficient with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Strong knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws.
- Travel: Travel is required throughout the Region. Some out-of-region travel may also be required.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization that creates a culture of collaboration and team spirit. We offer our employee's a competitive salary, wide range of generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; 401K retirement plan with match; paid time off, holidays and floating holidays. Also, we encourage professional development and provide growth opportunities. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights