Global Account Associate
About the Job
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is growing our Sales team to help more companies make the move to AWS. If you are passionate about cloud technologies and sales, this role could be the right fit for your next career move. AWS offers an innovative environment where an eager candidate can advance through sales on a learning and earning path.
As a part of the Account Associates team, you will be located in either our Seattle, Chicago, Arlington, or New York offices as this team supports sales and customers globally. You’ll have the exciting opportunity to help prospects and customers make the transformational move to AWS. To support your outbound selling efforts, we use multi-modal, targeted campaigns, to help you identify new customer sales opportunities. Once engaged with a customer or prospect, you’ll identify challenges or weakness in processes and then create a solution. You’ll successfully understand customer business issues by using excellent listening and communication skills; demonstrate how these issues can be solved and the unique benefits of solving them with AWS products and services. You’ll then proactively share these best practices with the Global Account Associate Team to be adopted by others.
Working autonomously, your primary responsibilities will include identifying where you can make an impact on account priorities, while using available data and intelligent prospecting persistence to identify, create and qualify opportunities. You’ll work with other sales reps to ensure the opportunity is understood and next steps are clearly defined. Once qualified, you’ll use management processes to ensure that opportunities are handed off to appropriate sales resources in a timely, customer friendly manner. Your success will be measured by achievement of individual and team activity, and opportunity creation goals.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentor-ship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· 3+ years enterprise sales experience
· Experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment
· Ability to communicate up to the Director and VP levels. Some presentation experience and interaction with senior level executives/clients.
· Frequently interacts with supervisors and functional peer groups.
**This role can also be based in NY, Chicago, IL or Arlington, VA
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Sales experience involving technology or high-tech products/services
· Develops Intellectual Capital: Proposes and helps develop customer references, whitepapers, points-of-view, and other documents
· Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
· Proven track record of managing multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines and budgets
· Proven track record in the enterprise space with complex sales cycles
· Experience selling complex, disruptive, transformative technical solutions
· Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
· Proven success managing time and juggling multiple projects in a high growth environment
· A strong understanding of AWS and/or technology as a service (Iaas, SaaS, PaaS)
· Builder: have been a part of a high growth team
· Additional languages are a plus
· Proficiency with Salesforce.com or other CRM application
· Flexible and able to adapt quickly to change
· Ability to think critically and creatively to develop new business-impacting ideas or processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.