Software Development Engineer
About the Job
New World is an Open World MMO that pits players against the haunted wilderness of Aeternum, a mysterious island in the twilight of the Age of Exploration. Success in New World ultimately depends on a player's ability to conquer not only rival players, but Aeternum itself, as it unleashes undead legions, hell-bent on purging them from its shores.
At Amazon, we believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. The ideal candidate is a natural problem solver with a passion for gaming, enjoys working with artists and game designers, enjoys finishing projects, and obsesses about the quality of the game constantly. Join us, and you'll have the power of Twitch, AWS. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Watchdogs, Evolve, Gears of War, Killer Instinct, God of War.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. Our team also puts a high value on work-live balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting new members with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· Be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying major new game features. Ensure features are integrated cleanly with existing frameworks and platform infrastructure.
· Own broad game features and system end-to-end.
· Assist in developing project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments.
· Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class game.
· Be a champion for the gamer: Build games that thrill and entertain our players and constantly create new ways to delight customers.
· Empower game designers through rapid iteration and creation of top-notch tools.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 1+ years of equivalent experience.
· 1+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams.
· 1+ years writing maintainable and robust code in C++.
· 1+ years writing with scripting languages such as LUA, ActionScript, Python, Perl
· Knowledge of performance/memory constraints of building game UI.
· Good debugging skills.
· Working experience in multithreaded or distributed environments
· Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, Lumberyard or other 3D game engine development experience.
· Games projects and internships or 1+ year industry experience.
· Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.